40

40 actual chapters lets go. This chapter is dedicated to my new reader spouse, who told me "fuck you" after the last cliff hanger.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kirishima sighed as he walked back to his apartment, which was only little ways away from his college. He pulled out his phone as he walked into the building and up the stairs, opening up a random game.

As he waited for the ad to end, he got a call from his friend from his English class. He quickly sighed before picking up the call, answering with his normal cheery tone.

"What's up, Hagakure?" Kirishima asked, waiting to see what homework she wanted to copy now.

"Kiri, you picked up fast! Anyway, there's a party tonight at the dorms, and I was calling to see if you wanted to come?" Hagakure asked in her usual bubbly voice. Kirishima sighed quietly, hoping the girl on the other end of the line didn't hear it.

"Parties aren't really my thing. Plus, I think I'm busy tonight, with homework or... something." Kirishima said, not really being able to lie to the annoyingly happy girl.

"But, I'll be there! We can go together!" Hagakure said, trying to convince the red haired male to come with her.

"Maybe. I'll think about it. But like I said, I don't know if I have anything going on." Kirishima said, finally reaching the top of the stairs as he walked to his apartment door.

"Yay! It's a date!" Hagakure chirped into the phone happily. Before Kirishima could correct the girl, he heard the line go dead, meaning she had hung up on him. He groaned before stopping at his door, unlocking it and walking in.

He set his belongings down on the floor before sitting on the edge of the bed, about to call Hagakure back. Before he could dial her number, an unknown number popped up on his screen.

"Listen, I don't want whatever you're selling." Kirishima quickly said into the phone, about to hang up until he heard the voice of an older man.

"Are you Eijiro Kirishima?" The man on the other side of the line asked, making Kirishima nervous with how much confidence and pride was in his voice.

"I am, what about it?" Kirishima asked, not feeling a need to be nice to a stranger over the phone.

"We have your moms in the hospital here. We can explain more when you get here." The guy said, quickly giving Kirishima the name of the hospital they were in. Before Kirishima could even react, the phone had gone dead once again.

Kirishima couldn't move, he just held the phone up to his ear in shock. His moms were supposed to be traveling, so how could they be in a hospital in Japan? A few stray tears slid down Kirishima's face before he gulped, getting his stuff and rushing out the door once more.

He got in his car, which was parked in the parking garage just across the street from his apartment, and quickly drove to the hospital the man said they were at.

Once he parked, not doing a very good job at it, he rushed into the hospital only to be greeted with a friendly receptionist and a dozen other people who looked just as sad as he felt.

"I'm Eijiro Kirishima, here for the Kirishima residence." Kirishima said, hoping he didn't have to say any more than that.

"Ah, the Kirishima wives. They're just down that hall, third door to the left." The receptionist pointed, making Kirishima nod respectively before walking over to the door. He peered inside, only seeing the ends of two beds. He sighed, pushing the door open.

Before he could react or see anything, he was kicked out once again. He stared at the door questionably before sitting down in the seating area right across from the door. He stared at the door for thirty minutes before somebody walked out, a discouraged look on her face.

"Hey! What's going on in there?" Kirishima quickly stood up, questioning the girl.

"Unless you're family, I can't discuss." The girl tried walking away again, but Kirishima pulled her by her arm so she was standing in front of him.

"I'm their son, what's going on?" Kirishima asked again, making the girl nod.

"They were in a fatal car accident, and are most likely not going to make it. We're doing surgery right now, but it's not looking too good." The girl said, making Kirishima's eyes widen once more.

"W-what? Shouldn't you be in there, then?!" Kirishima asked quite loudly, making her shake her head.

"There's nothing we can do for now, so they kicked me out for a bit. I was about to go on break, but I can keep you company for a little." The girl said, trying to cheer him up.

"It's okay, I'm just gonna sit down and wait, anyways." Kirishima said, examining the girl. She had light blonde hair, placed into two buns on her head, along with yellowish eyes.

"I'll wait with you! You seem like you need a friend anyways." The girl smiled, standing up straight for the first time in their conversation. This made Kirishima realize just how short she was.

"Eijiro Kirishima, call me Kirishima. Forgive me if I don't speak much." Kirishima said, not caring if he sounded rude at the moment.

"Just call me Toga!" The blonde said, guiding the red head back to the seat he was previously sitting in, sitting in the one next to him.

"Alright, Toga. Tell me a little about you. I just want to listen for now." Kirishima said, finding any excuse to not talk.

The girl complied happily, loving to talk. Toga talked while Kirishima listened. This went on for about an hour before a few more people came out of the room, more discouraged glances. Before Kirishima could say anything, Toga ran up to them all, asking them if it was successful.

Kirishima watched as they all shook their heads no, sending pitiful glances towards him. Kirishima immediately broke down, running to the nearest bathroom. He heard Toga calling after him, but he continued running, finally locking himself in the bathroom.

He sat there and cried for an hour, before getting up and going home.