late nights and bright lights

Noah slides in next to me. "Do you want to go anywhere, or just to the dorm?"

"I just want to go home, I'm tired."

"Okay, I'll come too."

Twenty minutes later, we were climbing up the stairs languidly, stumbling into each other like a drunk couple heading to their room.

"Stop, you are a literal crackhead," I said, tripping over a stair and catching myself by clinging onto Noah.

"You stop," Noah said whinely, purposely leaning forward too far, trying to push me off of him.

Once I got to my door, I turned to Noah and beckoned him with a jerk of my head.

"For a little while?"

"Sure," and he comes in.

I quickly threw the clothes sitting on my bed into my closet and shove the door closed before getting into bed and shivering under my blanket.

"Turn on the heater, would you?" I said, curling into a ball under the sheets.

"I have a better idea," Noah said, before pulling off his shoes and sliding into my small dorm bed next to me.

"Stop, I'm tired. I didn't fall asleep early like you," I said drowsily, sighing when Noah curled his arm around me.

He was really warm. And he smelled like coffee and pancake batter.

I woke with a jolt, and sat up quickly. Noah's arms slipped off of me as I slowly climbed out of the bed and split the blinds on the window open to check for the light outside.

It was already dim, with the dark blue of the sky reflecting off of the city glass.

"Noah, wake up," I said, shaking his arm.

"Let's go to the Empire State Building, I've never been."

Noah groaned before jumping out of bed and pulling his shoes on.

"Let's go," he said while shaking his messy hair out.

I grabbed my hair brush and combed his hair out for him.

"I'll meet you outside. I need to wear pants," I say with a cheesy grin.

I meet Noah outside of the dorm room with a bucket hat shoved onto my head and black jeans on my legs. He changed too, and now was outfitted in a cozy Gosha hoodie and cargo pants.

I linked my arm around his and we set off.

We were standing in front of the building, craning our necks to see the top.

"It's so high up. Do you think we will find King Kong?" Noah says, chuckling at his own "joke".

"The only ape up there will be you," I retort, shoving his shoulder with a smile.

After standing in line for quite a while, we ride up to the 102nd floor.

"It's so beautiful," I say, stepping out of the elevator first to get closer to the glass.

I looked down, and felt almost ethereal to be standing a thousand feet above the ground.

Noah joined me at the window.

"This was so worth it, Noah," I said, leaning into his side.

"Yeah," he said, his dark eyes reflecting the bright lights he was looking at.

He turned his face to face mine, and curiously, I did too.

He put a hand on the side of my face, and slowly brought his lips closer to mine until they were a centimeter apart.

"Okay," I whispered, and closed the distance.

!!!!!