a city so good they named it twice

"Have you been here before?" Noah says, as he opens the door of DSM for me.

"Not this exact store," I said with a smile, feeling slightly giddy.

Noah's jaw dropped open, before he immediately closes the door of the store.

He stood in front of the door, dramatically taking a deep breath before saying, "Well, Iris, on the behalf of me and New York City, welcome to Dover Street Market New York."

He pushed the door open simultaneously, before grabbing my hand and pulling me into the colorful playground of designer fashion.

Clothing hung from every corner, slotted between modern artwork and layered on top of interesting architecture.

"Noah, where are we going?" I ask with a jiggle of our connected hands.

"Hmm, let's go to the women's section first, and we can move on from there."

"Oh dang, look at these shoes," I say, stopping and jerking Noah back.

"Ah, the cortez platforms? They are cool. Do you want them?" he says, while turning to me.

I quickly debated with myself, before ultimately deciding to buy them. They had such a unique shape, and were casual sneakers, so I would get a lot of wear out of them.

I picked one of the shoes up and turned it around, only to find that a pair was $520.

"Nevermind, I'm actually saving up for some trips later this year," I said slightly embarrassed.

Noah looked at me weirdly.

"I'm buying them for you though," he said while ruffling his hair with one hand.

"Why? I don't want you to do that for me, it will make me feel bad."

"You bought me a $500 sweatshirt yesterday, no questions asked," he said with a shrug.

I sighed. "Yeah, but I ruined it."

Noah gave me a long, hard stare.

"We both know it was my drink, so technically my fault."

I opened my mouth to argue, but Noah slipped his hand over my mouth.

"Let me do something nice for you, I felt really bad last night for making you pay for something that you didn't damage," he said while leaning down to stay at eye-level with me.

I tried to concentrate on what he was saying, but all I could think about was his fingers resting on my lips.

I force myself to nod, before I grab Noah's hand and pull it away from my face.

"Fine."

Noah grins with triumph, before I turn to look at other parts of the store.

"Try on some clothes that you like, I'll buy these for you," he calls after me.

"Alright, I'm a size 8," I throw over my shoulder.

I wander around the store for a few minutes, before I come across the most gorgeous dress I have ever seen.

It was simple and white, but had the most elegant cut, brought in at the waist, with exaggerated sleeves and gold detailing.

I grabbed the dress and headed off to the fitting room to try it on.

The dress looked really, really good on me. It fit my tall body type well, and hugged me in the right places. Too bad it was $2000.

I was in the middle of checking myself out in the mirror when I heard a light knock on the door.

"Iris?" I heard a light murmur from behind the door. It was Noah's voice.

"Yeah, I'm trying something on."

"Oh, come out, let's see how it looks," Noah said enthusiastically.

"Uh, sure," I say while unlocking the door and stepping out.

Noah walked over to me slowly, checking the fit presumably. He came closer, until I could feel his cool breath on the side of my face, and uttered two words.

"So hot."

double update huhuhu