ny air makes sleep useless

I didn't know what I was expecting when Noah keyed in the six-digit code on the keypad on the door. But I was amazed when he swung open the door and gestured me to follow him.

The apartment was an open floor plan, with tastefully arranged furniture and clean aesthetics. The entire wall facing the skyline was constructed with glass, displaying an unobstructed view of the city in its glimmering glory. The glass made the apartment feel like it was suspended in the clouds, a small entity floating alongside thousands of other people's apartments, each in their own world.

The kitchen stretched on one side of the apartment, and on the other side was a modern staircase with each step affixed to the wall with no banister.

"Your house is so nice."

"Oh yeah?" Noah says with a slight grin.

"Yeah," I said with a frown. "Stop clowning me, okay?"

"Sure, fine. Do you want to watch a movie?" he said, already picking up the TV remote off of the glass coffee table.

"Yeah, sure," I said, lingering by the door, lingering in the new environment, unsure where to place myself in his space.

"Actually, do you want to borrow some of my clothes and get comfortable?" he said, gesturing to my slightly extra outfit.

"Yeah, that would be great," I said, finally relaxing and taking a seat next to him on the white couch.

"I'll be back with some clothes. You should find a movie to watch," Noah said and handed me the remote.

I resorted to browse through Hulu and Netflix, and finally choosing to watch the Conjuring. Just a few seconds later, Noah comes back dressed in a Balenciaga hoodie and a pair of black sweatpants, carrying a pair of sweatpants and a t-shirt.

"Change into these, I'll wait for you," he said shoving them into my hands. He pointed me to the bathroom.

Once I stepped into the bathroom and locked the door, I unfolded Noah's clothes and slipped my shirt off.

I pulled his t-shirt on, getting a whiff of laundry detergent and cologne. His clothes smelled like him.

The shirt was obviously very long on me, and his sweatpants bunched up around my legs. I felt like a snowman as I meandered through the hallway back to the couch.

Noah put his phone away when he saw me approaching, and proceeded to hand me a folded blanket.

"Alright, let's start this," he said, after unfolding his own blanket and draping it over his body.

I do the same after I slide onto the couch next to him, savoring the warmth.

Noah turned off the lights in the house with a slide on the screen of his phone and the opening music started to play.

I was hyper-aware of Noah's distance to me as I brought my knees up to my chest and focused my eyes on the screen.

The apartment was completely dark, the only source of light was the light from the movie and the twinkling lights from the buildings through the window.

I froze as I felt motion at the corner of my eye. Moving my head ever so slightly, I notice Noah has placed his arm on the back of the couch behind me. Without thinking, I slide closer to Noah until feel my arm touch his side.

We stayed like this, aware of the distance but unbothered to mention it, for the rest of the night.

hey guys, sorry for not updating in a while! i've been working on this chapter for too long lol ;)