take the "a" train

We walk silently down the rest of the stairs, reach the first floor of the building, and exit out of the dorms before he speaks up.

"What's your name?"

"Iris," I say simply, I wasn't interested in fraternizing.

But my curiosity got the best of me, and "What's yours," came out before I could stop myself.

"Noah Lee."

"Hey Noah," I say and stick my hand out. He puts his hand out and I try to maneuver a cool handshake but it ends up looking like an awkward business transaction.

"What's your major?" he continues.

"I'm in business, concentration in finance."

"No way, so am I!" he says, his eyes wide and a small smile on his face.

We walk through the deserted campus, and I glance at the sunset painted across the sky with awe.

"Omigosh that's so pretty," I whisper to myself before stopping in the grass and pulling out my cellphone to take a picture.

Noah, who continued walking, realized I stopped and headed back to me.

"You really like New York, don't you?" he asked quietly, observing me observe the sky.

"Yeah, I mean kind of. I have always lived in large cities."

Noah nods, but then his eyes narrow. "You're not a freshman, right?" he asks, almost suspicious.

"What, no, I'm a sophomore," I say with a laugh.

"Okay good. I am too, so that makes me feel better. I wouldn't want to hang with a freshman," he says, wrinkling his nose. I slightly chuckle at his sentiment.

We continue to silently walk through campus, and the mint green roofs of the dorms glow under the dimming orange sun.

Once we reach the intersection, Noah turns and walks to the right, which prompts me to tug the sleeve of his stained sweatshirt.

"The subway station is that way," I say while pointing to the left.

"I know, but the Uber is meeting us over there," he responds, pointing to the end of the street.

"Bro are you serious? It's going to cost like $45 one-way."

"I mean, it's too late now, right? I can't cancel, might as well enjoy the ride," he says with a shrug.

"Okay, but I'm not covering," I said, squinting in the light to find the Uber.

"Fair enough."

wheW helLo theRe