Chapter e11

My eyelids felt heavy. As slowly opened it when i realized i had slept. My head was laying on something uncomfortable and hard. I slowly removed my head to meet Authur's face.

I blushed looking away as he stirred awake.

"Hey." His voice was not all that deep, indicating he did slept not long ago. But it was still, should i dare say,

Sexy. My blush deepened.

"Alexis." His (somehow) sexy voice sounded worried.

"Hmm hmm." Was my reply.

My head was still turned to the other side when he held my wrist.

I whipped my head to look at his face.

When he saw my face he smirked and chuckled. "There is no need to feel ashamed that you slept on my shoulder. I bet i'm the first guy other than your brother to have this immediate contact with you."

By now my face was as red as a tomato. He was right, but i rarely sleep in a plane(or anywhere to add) let alone sleep on my brother in these kind of situations.

"I...a..." "Ladies and gentlemen, this is Captain Jim speaking. We will be arriving at the Norfolk international airport. Please fasten your seatbelt. Thank you." I silently thanked this captain Jim for saving me from further embarrassment.

We both fasten our seatbelts and didn't say anything. I felt the plane descend and my heart started to beat.

No turning back now.

I felt the tires screech on the ground. My heart rate going higher. Usually on missions my heart beats from excitement, nervousness or fright or maybe an unhealthy combination of both, but nothing could comprehend what i'm feeling right now.

I didn't realize my hand was still in Aurthur's palm or how i intertwined my fingers in his and was squeezing it like my life depended on it till i felt him squeeze my own in a reassuring way. I reflexively tried to remove my hands from his but his grip was tight on me but not too tight.

"I'm not gonna ask, just breath and relax." I did as he asked and breathed in and out. With his hand gently on mine, i was able to relax.

"Thank you." I looked at him gratefully.

"It was nothing. Really." He said smiling.

We were barely an inch apart when we realized what we were doing are we both looked away but not before seeing a pink hue on his cheeks.

"Well... i... uh appreciate it." I said nervously.

I had a feeling he was rubbing the back of his neck. "Yeah. Okay."

"Thank you for boarding London airlines. Have a save trip." Captain Jim said through the speakers.

I immediately got out of the plane but not without noticing Denise head hanging on the seat snoring somewhat loudly, making Kathy cover her ears and dramatically acting as if she was in agony.

I giggled making her look at me with her hands still blacking her ears. She mouthed help me but i just continued giggling and walk off the jet.

The moment i stepped outside the air hit me, reminding me where i was and i suddenly felt nauseous. The air that i thought i'd never breathe again is what i am breathing right now.

I noticed Alfred come out as well, his face void of all emotions but his fist was clenched. He suddenly walked towards me and said, "So, how did it go?" I immediately knew what he was talking about.