twenty nine (last chapter)

Sorry for the mistakes owo

Chaeyeon was looking for the kids who are swimming in the pool when she heard heavy footsteps behind her, realizing that its not Sakura or any woman at all, she turned around, eyes widening a bit when she saw the newcomer.

Shun slowly strides towards the younger girl, halting when he's beside her, hands inside his pockets, gaze ahead and watching the kids swam and play around the pool. He cracked a smile when he saw Nako waving at him then gave him a heart before jumping into the water. He chuckled and turned to Chaeyeon who's calmly watching the kids, not intimidated at his presence anymore. Shun is glad with that, he's never scary or intended to scare someone with his aura in the first place, he always emit this soft and calm vibes around him not after his life got toyed.

“I already had a talk with my daughter again,” He started off making Chaeyeon look at him, confused. “I think she wouldnt be able to get out of that library for a mean time, please give her time and space.” He added, sighing heavily.

Chaeyeon's curiosity is eating her up but she chose the best choice— just stay silent and nod. Shun lets out an amused smile when he saw her reaction, Chaeyeon indeed is a wonderful person, that's why he wanted to make Sakura marry her, he doesnt want Sakura to lose this person— and good news for him, they love each other so much and Sakura is more than willing, and she's going to wait until Chaeyeon is ready. 

“I will leave later, i still need to explain a lot from Yujin's family and sort. Also for Ahyeon, but i think i'll just do it tomorrow. I got a lot of stuffs to fix here too.” He blurted out. Chaeyeon shrugged. “I understand. I'll just say it to Sakura later, sir.” She replied, softly and a little bit formal. She still respect him.

He puffed out his cheeks when he heard Chaeyeon called her 'sir', he needs to work on that later. “Of course, not after i have some talk with you.” He said, and Chaeyeon's head turn again then blinked. Shun smiled a bit. “Call Kaeun to look for the kids. Lets meet at the garden at the back, i would love to have a chat with you, Chaeyeon.” He said and before the girl could even open her mouth, he turned his heels and walked away, of course giving Nako a wave first before disappearing to the garden.

Chaeyeon bit her lower lip and took a deep breath, shouting for the head maid's name who just suddenly appeared from the door, holding towels for the kids. She explained that Shun wanted to have a chat and take care of the kids first, and Kaeun of course nodded without a question and even shooed her away.

She spotted the man sitting on the bench, caressing the red roses with a careful fingers, not wanting to pierce his skin on those sharp thorns.

She took a seat beside him and he didnt even budge, just staring at the flower with soft look. “Roses are still her favourites,” He suddenly spoke, and Chaeyeon smiled, but didnt answered. “I used to give her these when she was younger and she was so so happy back then.” He beamed but his smile disappeared instantly then sighed, retreating his hand back before turning to her direction.

“Why did you want to talk with me, sir?”

Shun closed his eyes and sighed, shaking his head. “First of all, dont call me sir or whatever. Just call me Dad.” He suggested, and Chaeyeon looked taken aback. “U-Uhm, no promises, sir.” She stuttered making Shun shook his head but lightly chuckled.

The wind blows gently at the garden, and the two watched the flowers swayed slowly, some of the petals flying to god knows where. It was silent, but its a comfortable one and not awkward at all.

“Thank you,” Shun finally managed to open his mouth. Chaeyeon looked at him with a confused expression and the chairman smiled. “For loving my daughter and accepting all her flaws. For taking care of her. For trusting her. For making her happy— just for everything.” He added and turned his body to the ash blonde haired girl before bowing, Chaeyeon let him, surprised and in awe. He straightened his back again after a few seconds, eyes full of guilt, sadness, yet theres a glint of gratefulness.