sixteen

Chaeyeon slowly fluttered her eyes open, feeling unusually cold. She slowly turned around her head to the other side of the bed and as she expected, Sakura wasnt there anymore.

With a sigh, she rose from the bed and stretched her stiff muscles just to jolt up when she heard a loud crashing noise outside the room.

Chaeyeon immediately wore her slippers and went to where the noise came from. She was shocked when she saw a cat at the counter, running into some plates making the things fly away to the floor and crush. And Yujin was chasing it.

"Ohhh no! Meowmeow! Dont break things, oh my godddd." The taller girl shouted, trying to swat the cat away from the kitchen.

Nako and Hitomi are just laughing at her.

The ash blonde haired girl scratched her hair and looked over the clock that says, 1:14am. She then glanced back at the mess.

"What y'all doing? It's 1 in the morning, seriously." She shouted, crossing her arms.

The three frozed, including the cat, the furry animal even tilted its head to look at her.

"I can explain." Yujin immediately said, out of breath. Nako and Hitomi also nodded before rushing to the telephone to ask for a broom and duskpan at the staffs, leaving the taller girl alone to explain.

"So, uhm, we're about to go back here when this cat appeared out of nowhere, gawking at us. Nako didnt hesitated to grab it and beg me to take this poor cat because she also thinks it's fated that she should take care of this cat cuz' she's singing some japanese song that was titled Neko Mikitai? Uhhh- i'm not sure, maybe Meko Nimisai?" Yujin explained like a rapper. They suddenly heard a shout across the room.

"It's Neko Ni Naritai, Yujinnie! I want to be a cat- exactly." Nako had shouted.

Chaeyeon looked at them at disbelief. "How did you passed the security? As far as i know, this hotel doesnt allow animals inside." She said, striding over the cat that was licking its paws above the counter like it didnt broke three plates in one go. She slowly brought her hand to pat its head and the furry creature immediately leaned at the touch and purred. She smiled.

"Well, big coats can be a huge help sometimes." The taller girl answered, pouting. "What the? That cat is literally panicking and running around when i'm near!" She added before groaning.

Chaeyeon carried the cat, rubbing its white fur. "Maybe the cat thought you were a real dog?" She chuckled.

"Yah!"

"But this cutie pie doesnt look like from hell though, maybe you just scared-" She stopped and looked at the cat's bottom to confirm something. "...her. That's why she acted like that." Chaeyeon replied, even leaning her chin to the cat's head. The furry creature snuggled and meows softly.

Yujin just pouted. And the two kids went back. "We just called someone! They will clean the broken plates. We should hide Meowmeow, quick!" Hitomi blurted, and Nako reached for the cat.

Chaeyeon handed the calm cat at the kid and she and Hitomi ran to the room, even locking it. "We need to pay for the plates right? What reason should we say?" The older said, looking over at Yujin who's scratching her head, thinking deeply.

She smiled suddenly and flicked her fingers. "Aha! I have an idea. It's on me, unnie. And dont worry about the plates. Sakura-chan can pay for that, even double. The owner of this is her colleague, as far as i know, so dont worry." Yujin said.

Chaeyeon nodded. "What time did Sakura left?" She asked.

"Uhm, around ten? Dunno. But when we arrived here she was about to leave. She said that you fell asleep and we should try to be quiet, and she didnt exactly knew what time she might be back because some of her business partner invited her for a talk." Yujin explained and Chaeyeon nodded.