Ripped Apart

The drive to the office building isn't long which is good in the long run. Colby explained to me on the way here that he's going to be paying the rent with the money he stocked up for not paying Brennen for the weed. It makes me uncomfortable but I know he's just trying to do a nice thing. He has a four year lease which makes me wonder if I'll even still be in LA when the lease ends.

"This is it here.." he points towards a large building looking over Hollywood with the biggest windows. I wait till the car is parked before unbuckling my seatbelt and climbing out, the excitement really taking over me. "Alright, here's your key Miss Michaelson." He winks, I slide my hand into his as we walk inside.

It all feels so surreal, the building smells new as we enter. My office is three floors up and according to the security, one of the biggest. Which is completely unnecessary but I'm not complaining. I find the door and slide my key in, peaking at Colby who hasn't taken his eyes off me, watching all my reactions. My jaw hits the floor as I open the door. The windows catch my attention straight away, you can see over Los Angeles and the sea is in the distance. The walls are painted a very light grey and there is a massive wooden desk in a corner of the room with a white spinning chair. There is also a grey corner couch and what looks to me a few filing cabinets. I take a look around and discover the separate kitchen and toilet area. "You can easily have about ten people working in here.." he is standing with his arms folded, eyeing up the view.

I place my belongings onto the desk and approach Colby, pulling him in for the biggest hug. We stand in each other's embrace for a while. It's long overdue. "I hope you like it." He says, planting a kiss on my forehead. I pull back from him and look at him with a slight frown, "Like it? It's amazing Colby..you really didn't have to do this." I laugh quietly, he shakes his head "I wanted to."

I reach up and place my lips against his, he places his hand on my cheek as our lips intertwine. I've missed the taste of peppermint and the feeling of being safe from our kisses. It makes me realise that nothing else matters except us, he is all I want. He pushes me back a little so I'm against the window. "C-Colby.." I say quietly as his lips travel from my lips to my neck causing me to go weak at the knees, weaker than my head injury has taken me so far today. He moans into my neck causing my heart to quicken.

"What baby.." he says, looking at me concerned. I bite my lip "I'm ready.." I say, my cheeks turning redder than ever. He looks at me surprised before reattaching his lips to mine and guiding me to the sofa. Part of me feels like losing my virginity in the middle of an office filled with other workers and multiple large windows is extremely unprofessional to start off but I also couldn't care less right now. It's about me and him and the timing being perfect. I sink into his embrace and don't think twice about anything.

"You're beautiful y'know..." he says, dragging his fingers up and down my torso. We've been laying here for about an hour in complete silence. I chuckle a little, attempting to sit up I hold onto my head. "We really should get back to the dorms so I can grab my meds." I say. He nods and helps me to my feet, keeping his large hoodie around me as we're presented with the windows. I head into the bathroom to clean up and throw my clothes back on as he does the same in the office area.

I stare at myself in the mirror for a few moments, feeling all sort of emotions today has been a good different. But its tired me out. I make a mental note about buying toiletries and items for the kitchen as Colby waits for me at the door. I glance back at the office like I won't see it again before leaving, shoving my key into my pocket.

Colby makes a stop to get gas and grabs me a few snacks on route back to the campus. It's late afternoon and a few people have already passed us wearing Halloween costumes for the parties this evening, we share multiple jokes about it.

I send a text to my mom to let her know I'm okay as we pull up into the campus, she doesn't respond straight away so I put my phone away. "Okay. Sam will probably kill me if I don't go to this Halloween party tonight, so I'm going to start getting ready. You're more than welcome to join us getting ready even if you're not feeling up to it." I nod, smiling a little. "I think I'll just go back to my dorm, Rose might actually need help with her costume or something." He nods, he leaves the car to come round and help me out my side of the car. These gentleman actions he's presenting me with are nice, I could get used to them. But I know he's only doing it because I was in ICU for a few days and my head is healing. But it's still sweet.

"Colby Brock." I look away from Colby to the direction of the deep voice. Confusion fills my face as my eyes dart to the officer who called out his name and then to the several other officers that are surrounding us. "Yeah?" Colby says, looking at me then back at them with fear in his eyes.

The officer that called out his name walks closer as another officer moves me out of the way, I attempt to fight but decide against it as I really don't want to injure myself again. "You're under arrest in suspicion with the murder of Brennen Taylor, you have the right to rem-" My eyes fill with tears as the cops place Colby in handcuffs, everything turns into slow motion and suddenly my life has collapsed at my feet, "What! I didn't what!" Colby's voice echoes through the car park as he denies everything. I feel numb and completely broken as he is pulled away from me, like I'm watching a movie and soon it'll all be over..but it's reality.

• 3 months later // Sequel•

"Mr Brock. As we've already been over five times, they're still going to charge your son with the drug trafficking even if you don't want to believe it." I throw my head into my hands in frustration. It's been three months..three long months of fighting for Colby's freedom. His father hired one of the best lawyers in Los Angeles, which did surprise me at first after everything Colby told me about his dad. He's been working hard with the lawyer though, and over the past few months I've grown to like the man. He was misunderstood.

I've been struggling to find time for everything, flying home for thanksgiving and Christmas was the least of my worries after the first time I spoke to Colby after his arrest. Trying to prove his innocence has been a challenge but his trial is on approach. And that's all that matters. My parents have been supportive and I've been visiting him a lot.

I still can't process the fact that Brennen was murdered, some nights I can't even get an hour of sleep from the horror.

But Colby told me he wasn't giving up, and I trust that he'll be out of here soon. Just in time to Look After Me.

...

And we're done! I cannot believe it. I've been working so hard over the past few days to get this finished for you guys, I will be going back and editing so please if nothing makes sense it will eventually when I take the time to read back lmao.

Thank you for the support on this book and keep your eyes peeled. I cannot wait to jump right back in and write more in the future. Trust me this isnt the end for Aliyah and Colby.

In the meantime, my Twitter is @xplrerin and the Instagram specifically for this is @lookafteryoucb

Thank You!