Complete Betrayal

"The food here isn't too bad." Roselyn tells me as she takes a seat beside my bed with a bowl of soup. I nod, taking a bite from my sandwich. "Yeah, I have to say I'm so glad I'm leaving here shortly though..even if I have to go home to the dorm beds." She laughs quietly.

The doctor cleared me this morning so I can be home for the weekend, Friday's usually are my best days at college but I guess Monday is the return. Rose has been hanging here all day although we haven't brought up the sensitive topic today, Colby. My mother has to leave this evening which does scare me a little, there's nothing like having your mum around when your sick to take care of you.

"I really hope your safe back on that campus." She complains, fiddling with her phone. She has been retaliating about me returning to UCLA so soon after what happened but I assured her I'm fine. Colby has been on my mind since I came around yesterday and the more I try to think back to Monday the more angry I get. Rose tried to jog my memory but I couldn't hold myself together for five minutes to hear her out, I definitely need to sit down with her when we get back to campus.

I finish up eating my sandwich and Roselyn packs up her stuff to head back to campus for afternoon classes. "Are you sure you don't want me to take you back Rose? I can grab some clothes for Ali whilst I'm there so she doesn't need to wear her old clothes." She shakes her head, "It's fine. I'm sure you'll be out of here within the hour and if I know Aliyah, her outfit is the least of her worries." She winks at me and I chuckle.

I clear my throat to help the silence after Rose leaves, removing my blankets from me I climb out of the bed. "Where you going?" My mom frowns and I roll my eyes, "Well, the doctor cleared me as long as I ate, I'm going to change." I stretch, I have barely stood since Monday and it's starting to catch up with me. I grab my old clothes and opt to change in the toilet, even though it's a tight squeeze.

The doctor replaced my bandage for a smaller one and prescribed me pain killers. The concussion was severe so he's asked me to stay away from alcohol and drugs, luckily the idea of both makes me physically sick at the moment. I also missed Halloween which sucks, but if I remember correctly Kat is having a party tomorrow. Without Colby I don't think I'll attend.

I help my mother put my things into a bag and sign out of the hospital. The police have taken any needed contact details to keep us updated on the situation but the main thing I need to do is retrace my steps and try and remember the people that I've been surrounded with.

"You rented this? The twins aren't here you know." I laugh as I climb into a black SUV parked out front of the hospital. She laughs along with me before taking off into the direction of the campus.

"It's so strange being back here." My mom says for the third time as she grabs my things from my trunk, I roll my eyes and walk ahead of her into the dorms. My eyes focus on a familiar face as I walk into the main hall, Sam. "Sam!" I call out, he turns around and I notice Kat too. "Aliyah, shit." He walks towards me. "What the fuck." He mutters, eyeing up my bandage.

"Yeah.." I sigh, he shakes his head. "How are you feeling?" Kat breaks the awkwardness, I smile at her "Well the concussion was severe and I barely remember your name but we'll get there." I laugh quietly and she joins me.

"What are the cops saying?" Sam asks, I shrug "They need me to figure out who it was..I haven't heard from Colby and I don't know." I clench my jaw, he looks at his feet "He wouldn't do that." He says and I nod "I know." My mum clears her throat and I look at her, "Sorry guys. This is my mother, Mom this is Sam and Kat." She smiles at them, "Nice to meet you guys."

Kat asks me about her Halloween party and I tell her I'll see how I feel, "Aliyah.." I stop in my tracks as I'm departing from them, "Go easy on him..he's already beating himself up over it." Sam says, I gulp, nodding I turn to catch up with my mom, what does he mean go easy on him, he didn't care enough to visit.

I rummage through my pocket to find my key "Mom the cops said things were taken from me right?" She nods, "My key is in my laptop bag, with my notes..I had that with me on Monday." She takes out her phone "I'll phone the cops and give them this information if you want to go see the councillor about receiving a new key or better a lock change-" I jump at the sound of my dorm door opening, frowning my eyes meet the eyes I was dreading to see just now, Colby.