Loving You

Last night was refreshing. Getting a shower and snuggling in your duvets with some Hocus Pocus on the laptop with your bestfriend. It makes me feel at home and so much more relaxed before the storm of meeting up Colby and figuring things out. I have yet to get in contact with him, Rose got me his number and it was the first thing I did on my new phone. I didn't know whether to text him and tell him that it was me, or to just wait for the rejection in the morning. "Hey!" Roselyn chirps as she enters the dorm with her wet hair in a towel. "Morning." I smile, sitting up right in my bed I grab my pain killers from my bedside table and pop them with some water.

"Have you text him yet?" She asks, taking a seat at her desk. I glance up at our wall clock it's only 10am but I'm worried about him. "I'm going to do it now.." I tell her, pulling up his number in my phone. I type out several messages, some sweet but some blunt. I decide to send a simple message as I worry about the response, "Hey Colby, It's Aliyah. I know you're probably surprised to see this message after yesterday. I'd love to meet up and have a chat in the midday. If that's okay with you." I hit send and automatically feel a rush of emotion through me. "It'll be fine" Rose tells me, I worry about the response as I stand up and find an outfit from my dresser.

By the time I've straightened out my freshly washed hair and climbed into some jeans paired with a plain white t-shirt my phone pings. I look at Roselyn for assurance, she shoots me a smile. At first I read the message without registering it, But a sigh of relief leaves me as I re-read. "Sure, I'll meet you at the shack" I clear my throat, attempting to act cool around Rose even though internally I'm super nervous. "Yeah he's going to meet me at the burger shack.." I say, placing my phone down and brushing through my hair, she laughs before standing up in front of me, "Alright. This is what you're going to do.." She starts off by telling me to keep my cool, explaining that if I go in there all guns blazing, He'll be glad I ended things. She asks me to hear him out and let him apologise for his wrongs, but reminds me to apologise for my wrongs. I take in all her advise and I feel a lot more confident about it all as soon as I'm sat behind my car steering wheel in the parking lot.

I didn't officially get cleared to drive after my ICU, But the shack is close-by and if I drive slowly I'm sure I can stay alert. I glance down at my phone as Colby let's me know he is there. I turn the music down low and begin to drive out of the car park, making my way to the shack slowly.

The sun is beating down on the skate park and the shack, there is barely any picnic benches left but I spot Colby right away. He's wearing a black hoodie and is staring down at his hands. I clear my throat and grab my sunglasses, placing them on as I exit my car. I'm glad the glasses cover a bit of my bandage as I would really wish for it to be removed now.

"Hello.." I say quietly, taking a seat on the bench across from him. He looks up and I'm startled by his tired eyes. "Hey" he says, his voice seems croaky like he hasn't spoken to anyone since yesterday.

"I know you're probably really fucking confused." I say honestly. We've been going back and forth so much the past couple of months and can't seem to catch a break, we have these discussions about our wrongs often. I guess it's all part of learning. "Yeah, But I'm glad. I fucked up A, but I know that you and I..we've barely got to blossom." His words sink in and it's very true. We've got a lot of love left to share, love, I think about it in my head.

"Are you ok?" He asks, concern showing in his eyes. I nod, "Yeah sorry.." I smile softly. "Colby I was selfish. I jumped to the conclusion that you didn't care about me and that's why you didn't visit me at the hospital..and also not showing up at the library to begin with." He looks at his hands and I know I'm not helping but I need to start from the bottom. "I can't lie and say that going home would be good for me and help me reevaluate everything. Because the truth is Colby.." I look at him and our eyes meet, causing my heart beat to rapidly increase.

"I'm madly in love with you" I say, my voice barely audible. He stares at me like all his pain was slowly leaving his body but he was dreaming. "I know we have a lot to work out, heck most couples do. But I trust that we can do it." I say. His lips part and I can tell he wasn't expecting me to say this. "Aliyah.." he says, a small smile starting to form on his lips.

"Who would've thought huh?" He cocks his head to the side and I giggle quietly, "Colby Brock, the guy that tried to avoid all the feeling and emotional chat you were forcing upon me when we met." His smile is contagious. "I love you too Aliyah.." he says after a few moments of silence. Hearing it from him is a relief, I worried he would find it humorous.

"By the way.." he sits back slightly and I tilt my head, all the issues we had suddenly have left. "I didn't bring you dinner that night because I was meeting with someone about a special gift I was trying to surprise you with." His cheeks blush slightly which just makes my love stronger. He pulls out a key and places it on the table, my heart sinks at the idea of moving in with him. It's far too soon and hell I was just attacked by someone not even a week ago- "It's an office key.." he says. I think he read my expression. "I know how much you wanted an office for your own use and I figured that maybe it'd be good for you to study there. Make it your own." A smile creeps on his face but I'm in complete shock. "Seriously?" I gasp.

"Yes. Aliyah you've brought me so much happiness. This is the least I can do, the building is full of independent businesses and it's very close to campus." I almost scream in his face. "Oh my god. You didn't.." I say, the emotion getting the better of me.

"It'll be safer for you now. I know Brennen won't be on the streets but this is LA after all. The crazies roam around. I promised I'd look after you so..We can go take a look?" I stand to my feet, rather too quick which causes me to hold my head from the impact. He's beside me helping me regain my balance quickly which I'm grateful for.

"I'd love to.." I say quietly, reaching to place a small kiss on his cheek. He grabs my car keys and leads me to my car, forcing me to sit in the passenger seat and telling me several times I won't be driving just now. I'm in complete awe at the whole gesture and I feel no anger for the mistakes that were made. It's starting to feel like a new chapter.