|| C H A P T E R 24 ||

Start from the beginning

"Ok I'm down," she smiled at me and I smiled back.

"We're taking my bike though," I smirked.

"Do we have to?" Brooke crossed her arms.

"Yes, I haven't been able to ride my baby in a week!" I scrunch up my nose and smiled, "you'll be fine come on!" I grabbed her by the wrist and pulled her out the kitchen towards the garage, "look at her!"

I dropped Brooke's wrist and walked towards the bike pulling the keys out of my pocket. I hopped on and started up the engine.

"You coming?"

She nodded her head and walked forward throwing her leg over and hanging on tight. The garage opened and I raced out. Oh how I missed the feeling of the wind blowing past me, the adrenaline pumping though my blood. I loved it all.

Brooke hung on tight, squeezing her eyes shut, and pressed her face against my back. Every red light we stopped at I proceeded to make fun of her. She didn't dare stop me.

Once we stopped in front of Bri's apartment complex she slapped my shoulder, "I'm going to beat you up for making fun of me," she pouts and crosses her arms getting off the bike.

"Lol your too cute," I bop her nose as I walk past.

Brooke angrily catches up up with me and we walk inside. Taking the elevator we go to Bri's floor. I knock on the door a few times, no answer.

"Maybe she went to work?" Brooke suggests.

"Probably," just to make sure I decide to twist the knob. To my surprise it's unlocked. The door creeps open. I shrug and walk inside, "I'll lock it when we leave and text her that it was open."

We walk inside and shut the door behind us. I go to the living room and search the couch for my phone. I find it in between two couch cushions. Holding it up I wave it in the air.

Brooke comes walking into the room with a worried look on her face, "we should go."

"What why?"

"Let's go Grace," she grabs my arm and tries to drag me towards the door. A noise stops me from doing so.

"Wait what is that? Is someone else here?"

She shakes her head and I yank away my arm. It sounds like it's coming from the bedroom. I walk that way Brooke tries to stop me.

"Grace, let's go. We were gonna go get ice cream remember?"

I nod my head, "Yeah in a minute."

I stop in front of her bedroom door. It's cracked open and I look inside.

"This isn't a great idea Grace, " Brooke whispers from besides me.

I shrug her off and take a peak. Immediately upon seeing it I threw the door open. My hands go up to the diamond necklace sitting around my neck, I yank it off undoubtedly breaking the clasp and maybe even a few jewels.

"Grace I-" I didn't even let her finish, just threw the fucking necklace in her face.

"Next time you decide to fuck around, make sure you lock the door," I turn in my heels, "oh and if you couldn't take a hint we're threw."

Bri grabbed my wrist, "Stop let me explain!"

I yank my wrist away from her and turn around, "is this how little you think of me? To just go around and sleep with one of your co workers behind my back?" I didn't even let her get a word in, "Don't even waste your breathe, you'll probably need it to blow your next date," I turn on my heels yet again.

"Grace, Wait!"

I ignored her and continued walking on all the way out of the apartment. Once outside I scream throwing my arms up in the air. This must be my karma. I look up towards the very sky.

"Grace, are you okay?"

I said nothing. I just starred up at the sky. For a solid five minutes I starred up at the grey sky reflecting my mood back on me. Whenever it started to pour Brooke grabbed me by the elbow and dragged me back inside.

🌧🌧☂️☂️🌫🌫

I don't remember driving home when the rain let out. I don't remember Brooke staying with me. All I remember is waking up in a cold sweat in the middle of the night.

Looking over to the left and my clock reads 3:00 am. Sitting up I while my face with my hands. Brooke stirs next to me. The lights hung above my bed lit up her features. Even in sleep she's so angelic.

Sighing I get up and walk to the bathroom. There I sat staring at myself. I don't like the person staring back though. I haven't liked her for a while.

Opening the door I grab a pair of sissors inside. I can Ever so easily change my appearance. I take my hair that goes past my shoulders in my hand. Pulling the scissors up to my hair I look in the mirror.

Feed back ?

Bri and Grace ?

Grace and Brooke ?

Grace and her mom ?

New York trip ?