31. A big decision

I look at Chaos in disbelief.

"You mean that if they want.. They could join the army?" I ask just to be clear.

My friends look shocked.

"Yes. After Nyx paid you a visit I decided to keep an eye on all of you. So I saw everything that happened here.." He explains with a glare at me and Annabeth. "And I saw how strong the power of your friendship is. So.." He says sipping his orange juice.

"Oh..Thank you." I say to him.
I look at my friends. Suddenly I feel nervous and don't want to get my hopes up.

"I'll give you some time to discuss it." Chaos says standing up. "I will be around camp."

I nod and he walks away.
Still holding his wine glass filled with orange juice.

I turn around facing my friends again.
Nobody is saying a word.

"So.. Before you make a decision there are a couple things you should know about-" I say but Annabeth interrupts me.

"I'm in." She says certain.
I look at her in surprise.

"Are you sure? What about your work? You are busy designing Olympus. It's your dream." I ask her. Just to make sure that she is thinking straight. ButI would love having her around again.

"I am." She says. I smile and nod.

"I would understand if you decline the offer. I know it is a big decision and you might need some time to think about it." I tell the others.

"Do you regret it?" Hazel asks.

"I don't. Sure, if everything went different before.. Maybe I would. But it is what I needed at the time. And I am happy now." I say.

"I need time to think. What if after a while I don't want to be in the army anymore?" Leo asks.

"Well.. I don't know. We never had someone that wanted to stop. But as commander I would give you permission to leave." I say.

"What about the people here? I don't want to leave my dad.." Piper says.

"We could give you a couple of days to visit your dad. And you could visit Nico." I say to Hazel. "Time is different. I have been away for 250 years. Here it has been almost 2."

"I need time to think about it as well." Jason says. The others nod.

"I get it. Take your time." I say.

I look at Annabeth. She smiles.
Honestly. I think she is going to be a great soldier.

>>>>>>

The rest of the day went fast.

Piper, Jason, Frank and Hazel have decided to stay here.
Leo wanted to join. He looked forward on building awesome things with Beckendorf.

Annabeth and Leo had a talk with Chaos and he was glad to have them.

"Percy.. I wish I could give you some more time here. But we need you back tomorrow as soon as possible." Chaos says. I nod.

"Of course. We'll leave tomorrow after breakfast." I say. He nods and leaves camp.

That night we had a huge celebration dinner.

Nico came to us holding hands with Will.
At first he was shy and didn't say much.
Luckily later on he told us he and Will were dating. Everyone was so happy for him that he loosened up.

During dinner we were all sitting at one big table. The campers were talking to each other and telling stories.

"Percy.. Will you come back when Nyx shows up again?" A young kid from the Demeter cabin asks.

It turns a little quiet all around the table.
I stand up.

"I will make you all a promise.. I will never abandon you or the gods. Whenever you need me. I'll know and I will come to help protect this camp and the campers. The same is for camp Jupiter. But please. Don't doubt your own strength. Each and everyone of you is capable of doing great things." I say to the the campers.

"To Percy. The lost hero who has returned!" Chiron says holding his glass up. The campers follow.

"To percy!" They echo.

I smile. And sit down.

We ate and laughed.
After everyone was finished we headed for the campfire. The apollo kids played music.

Hazel and Frank started to slowdance.

Will and Nico followed. Will insisted.

Later on Selina and Beckendorf, Jason and Piper and other couples and friends started.

I stand up and walk over to Annabeth who was sitting with her siblings.

I hold out my hand and look into her eyes and smile.

"Can I have this dance Wise Girl?" I ask.

"I thought you'd never ask Seaweed brain." She says taking my hand.

We danced for the rest of the night.
Just a little peace before going back.

Everything will be different now.