30. The audience

I wake up and stretch.

Today I have a audience with the gods. I sigh and step out of bed. I feel a lot better than I did yesterday. But still weak.

I shower, get dressed into my casual black cargo and shirt. And head for breakfast.

When I arive at the dining pavilion I sit down next to Luke, Beckendorf and Zoë.

Then just after I finish my food Chiron walks over to the table. "Percy. Are you ready to leave?" He asks.

"Sure." I say. My team gets up and stands behind me.

We walk to an open space and just as I was about to make a portal I hear someone calling my name.

"Percy. Wait for us!" Jason yells.
He and the others are jogging to us.

I wait until they stand beside me.

"Hurry. I don't know for how long I can hold it open. I am not fully recovered." I say.
They nod and get ready.

I close my eyes and concentrate.
A portal appears and they step through.
When everyone is there I get through to Olympus.

I almost fall on my knees but I manage to keep standing.

It is quiet. I look up and see that all the gods are here. Looking at me. I feel naked without my mask and hood on.

I can't figure out if they are happy of mad with me.

My friends stand beside me.
And I am grateful for that.

"Perseus Jackson. Please step forward." Zeus says killing the silence.

I walk into the middle of the throne room.
While standing here I decide to bow my head a little.

I take a glimpse of my father. He smiles at me.

"May I ask what this audience is about?" I ask.

"Percy.." My father tries to say something. But Zeus looks at him and Poseidon falls quiet.

"Jackson. You have become a very powerful child." Zeus begins.

"I'm not a child anymore. I have served Chaos
for over 250 years." I tell him.

"Right.. As I was saying. You are quite powerful. And I don't think I can allow you to go back to Chaos. With Nyx on the run, who knows what she is planning." Zeus says.

"Wait... Are you telling me you won't let me go back home? Because you are scared of Nyx?"
I ask almost laughing.

"No." Zeus says.

I take a moment to think about what just happened.

I can hear my team telling Zeus he can't do this. But Zeus won't listen. As usual.

"Listen Zeus. I came back to help you and the campers. I will come back when Nyx is going to attack again. But you can't-" I say but Zeus holds up his hand.

"Percy. You are staying with the other demigods. End of discussion. You will train them. Learn them everything you know. But I forbid you to have any contact with Chaos ever again." Zeus says.