13. You're hurt

I take a step back and raise my sword.
"I won't abandon them!" I say.

"But you deserve better. You know you do." She insist. "You have fought enough fights for the gods."

She takes a step forwards and the cloud of darkness that surrounds her follows.

"May be. But I still can't sit back and do nothing while you plan on destroying them!"

"It seems like you made your choice. Fine." She says waving her hand.

The chimaera launches towards me with incredible speed. I jump aside. 

"I will see you again soon commander. If you survive of course." And with that she disappeared in the shadows.

I was too focussed on Nyx that I didn't see the chimaera swiping his tail at me. I get thrown a couple feet away.

I land with my back against a tree. I get up grunting. I take a breath and charge. I duck and dodge evey attack.

Since I was made commander I gained more strength, speed and agility.

I sidestep his tail again and bring my sword down. I cut his tail clean off.
It was nasty..

He turns around in rage and roars. He lashes out with his claws and he hits me in my arm. It made a deep cut in my upper arm.

I grunt and look up. Now I'm pissed.

I advanced and jump high into the air.
I throw my sword and it lands in the lions head. I land on the ground with a roll and run towards it.

The Chimaera screams.
I jump up again an pull it out of his head
And slash it's goat head clean off.

I land again and I hear a last roar of the chimaera's lion head and it turns into dust.

Annabeth's point of view:

I was talking with Luke.
He was telling me about how he got into the army. But his voice faltered and he looked confused.

Suddenly looks at the other soldiers of Chaos. They all look at him with big eyes. They look at each other. Faces full with concern. This is bad. 

"Omega." He says. His voice tells me that Omega is in danger.

Maybe it was the telepathic thing Luke told me about. Maybe Omega was calling them. Talking to them.

"Omega! Where are you?" Luke asks concerned.

The other demigods turned quiet and looked at what was happening.

"What is going on?" I ask. But Luke doesn't seem to notice.
They look at each other and run off.

"Luke what's wrong?" I ask him again while running after him and his team. Other demigods follow us.
They start running into the woods.

"Don't listen to her!" Bianca says urgenly.

"What is it? What is going on?" Nico asks at her side.

"Nyx. She is here. Omega is with her. Alone. We need to help him." Beckendorf says.

"How could she be here without us knowing?" Leo asks.
But nobody answers because nobody knows.

Their eyes widen and the start to run even harder. Something is wrong with Omega.

The woods are darker than usual and we hear a roar. We head towards it.

Later we see it. A Chimaera.
It is fighting Omega.

Omega cuts of his tale but gets slashed in his arm. He is bleeding and he looks up at the big monster in front of him.

I want to run forward an help. But Luke holds up his hand. We all come to a halt.

"We need to help him!" I say. But his team just watched.

"No need. Look." Zoë says.

I look. Omega grunts and jumps up.
He throws his sword and it gets stuck in it's lions head. He lands with a roll and quickly jumps up again and cuts of its goat head.

He lands and stands up facing the monster.
It makes a last sound before crumbling into dust.

I don't think I have ever seen someone fight with that much control over every movement. He radiated so much power and strength.

It was kind of scary actually.
The campers look at him with open mouths.

We walk towards omega. He quickly turns around with his black sword ready to fight.
But at the sight of us he relaxed.

"Took you long enough." Omega says casually. While cleaning his sword with his sleeves.

"We saw you having everything under control."
Selina say.

"Yeah. Well.. It was nothing." He says not even out of breath.

"You took out a chimaera all by yourself. Within a minute!" Hazel says.

"It's not the chimaera that impressed me. It was Nyx that did." He says.

"What did she want ?" Jason asks.

"She wanted me and my team to leave. To abandon you and the gods." He says walking over to us.

"What did you tell her." I ask carefully.

"That I will never abandon you." Omega says. Something in his voice changed.

I look at him as he walks past us. He is walking towards the cabins.

Blood is dripping from his arm on the ground.
"You're hurt." I say.

He doesn't look. He just keeps walking.

"You have no idea." He says quietly.