Chapter 42: Other side

Vote and Comment Please💕

Goal: 35 comments

Alex POV

I sat in the restaurant, sipping on my strawberry lemonade, which was delicious by the way, awaiting the arrival of the girl who claimed to be my sister.

"Hi Alex" My claimed to be sister said

"Hi Harper" I said taking another sip of my delicious lemonade.

When she told me how much she loved me at the mall, I never took the time to take in her facial features. Now that I'm actually taking the time to, I'm actually beginning to notice that we have a lot of similar features. The same beautiful chocolate brown skin, that very defined nose which I get from my mother, our figures are also pretty similar.

I honestly don't know how to feel about this, I mean I've always wanted a sibling, but this is all so unexpected. It's kind of hard to piece together how she figured out that she was my sister but that's why I'm here. To get her side of the story.

"I know that what I told you after your interview caught you off guard, but I honestly didn't know how to tell you."

"It's fine" I gave her a small smile "but I do what to hear your side of the story, I wanna know how you found out that you were my sister"

"Okay well it's kinda a long story so you might wanna sit back and sip your lemonade" she laughed

Harper POV

Harper at 14

I walked into the kitchen to see my mom cooking, along with the playlist that she listened to just about everyday in the background. She was really into the music singing,and dancing around the kitchen. I hated to ruin her mood but I really needed to ask her this

"Mom can I talk to you for a second?"

"Of course sweetie, what's wrong?" She took the spoon out of the pot,put the lid on it, then sat down at the table along with me.

"Mom am I adopted? Because I can't find my birth certificate, and I've never seen it before." My mom has never shown me my birth certificate before. Everytime I ask her to see it, she quickly changes to a different subject. I've never seen any pictures of her pregnant with me either so I'm beginning to be some skeptical.

My mom's eyes widened and you could see fear twinkle in them for a second. But it quickly went away. She let out a weird chuckle before speaking

"Of course you're not adopted! Do you wanna see your birth certificate baby?"

"Yes please"

"Okay,let me just go get it."

A few minutes later my mother came downstairs with my birth certificate in her hand. It had both her, and my fathers signatures.

"Oh okay, thank you mom. Sorry for doubting you I just—"

"It's okay sweetie you don't have to explain" My mom wrapped her arms around me and pulled me into a hug. I loved hugs from my mom. They were always so warm and comforting. "Now, do you want chocolate chip cookies or Cinnamon rolls for dessert?" She asked