Chapter 41: Sister?

Vote and comment please 💕

Goal: 14 votes and 55 comments

"Do you think she's really your sister? I mean come on this is kinda random" Derek asked as he pulled his side of the cover off of the bed.

"I mean it's possible, you know how my father is. He was always with other women, and my mom knew about it. She'd just imagine it wasn't happening even though she knew it was. And you've gotta admit, she did have some similar features to mine"Alex answered as she pulled her side of the cover off the bed and got into it.

"Wow that's crazy"

"I know, if I found out you were cheating on me I don't even know if you'd be alive right now" Alex chuckled

"Well you don't have to worry about that because I'd never cheat on you" Derek kissed her cheek

"You better not" she chuckled "but let's stop talking about this for tonight. I'm gonna go see my mother tomorrow and see if she knows anything about it."

"MOMMY!MOMMY!MOMMY!MOMMY!" Aniyah screamed from the other room

Hearing that Alex jumped out of the bed and ran into Aniyah's room as fast as she could. Aniyah has tears streaming down her face and she looked shooken up.

"What's wrong mamas baby?" Alex held Aniyah in her arms.

"I had a bad dream mommy" Aniyah wiped her tears from her eyes "I had a dream that that you and daddy left me, and I was at home by myself. You guys forgot about me and I didn't know what to do. It was like you didn't see me"

"Aww baby, that'll never happen! I promise you're way too special to forget and me and daddy will never forget about you. We love you soooo much okay?" Alex kissed her forehead

"Okay mommy" Aniyah nodded "can I sleep with you and daddy tonight?"

"Of course princess, come on" Alex held her hand out and Aniyah took ahold of it and they walked into Alex and Derek's room

"We have a visitor" Alex said causing Derek to turn her way

"Hey sweets, you okay?" He said picking her up and sitting her on the bed

"Yes I just had a bad dream but mommy made me feel better"

"Good, now lets go to sleep" he kissed her forehead and brought her in between him and Alex. "But not before you get a visit from the tickle monster" Derek said before he attacked Aniyah with tickles

Aniyah erupted with laughter. Derek always tickled her but she could never get used to it. After their tickle session both Aniyah and Derek were out cold.

Before going to sleep, Alex made a mental note to plan a day with Aniyah, just the two of them. She also made a mental note to make sure that she still gives Aniyah the attention she needs after the baby is born so that she won't feel forgotten.

•••

"What the—" Alex said as he felt something hard hit her back. She turned around and saw Aniyah asleep with her head at the foot of her bed and Derek's leg crossed over Aniyah right by her back. And they were going back and forth with snores that could be heard down the block.

"Like father, like daughter" Alex laughed before she got up to get herself ready.

"Baby I tried but I can't unlove you" Alex sang as she washed her body and the steam from the shower filled up the mirrors. The song had been in her head for a while now. "You know you've got your hooks in my soooul"