Chapter 29: Surprise!

Just a reminder: Comment ‼️

"Alexandra Crane will you do me the honor of marrying me and becoming my wife?" Derek said kneeling down on one knee with the beautiful 0.75 carat diamond ring he had chosen for her that cost a fortune in his hand.

I know y'all are probably wondering how we got here, the last time you checked he had just gotten a rattle thrown at his head. Let's take it all the way back to Wednesday Morning.

Alex woke up relatively early believing that she wasn't enough for Derek because he hadn't proposed yet.

After getting ran over by a car recently Alex realized that life was short and that tomorrow wasn't promised. She even considered proposing to Derek herself. She even looked up different proposal scenarios.

As Alex was twirling her ring and thoughts continue to go through her head, tears began to flow down her cheeks.

Derek woke up from his sleep to see her twirling her ring and tears flowing from her eyes and instantly pulled her into his chest to comfort her.

When he thought back on it he noticed she had been twirling her ring. At first he started to think she was unhappy but shook the thought because she wouldn't let him comfort her if she was unhappy with him.

After a while he figured that she didn't like the ring and decided to get her a new one, only this one wouldn't be a promise ring.

He looked down noticing she was sleeping and placing a kiss on her forehead. He carefully moves his body over to his phone hoping to not wake a peacefully sleeping Alex and shoots Simone a text message.

T E X T M E S S A G E

Derek: Can you meet me at the mall later please? I need your help with something

Simone: And what exactly do you need my help with?

Derek: you'll see when you get there

Simone: You know I'm having that girls day in with Alex and Star today Derek. Idk if I can just slip out

Derek: Please Simone , I really need your help🥺

Simone: Ugh Fine Derek. You know I can't say no to that emoji 🙄 what time?

Derek: Thanks Sim❤️ I'll text you when

Simone: You definitely owe me some food for this

Derek: I gotchu 😉

•••

After Alex left to meet with Star and Simone, Derek had a lot to do as he had planned to give Alex the ring as soon as possible.

Derek remembered about the Gala that him,Alex,and Aniyah had been invited to and decided that was the perfect time for everything to go down.

"Hey, Rachel?" Derek said through the phone

"Hi Derek, how are you doing today?" She said with a smile as if he could see her on the other side of the phone

"I'm doing pretty good, I was actually calling to ask you for a favor" his nerves suddenly started to build up. He wanted this day to be perfect for Alex.