Chapter 22: No

I wake up this morning to see a empty space in the bed next to me where Derek use to be. I get up and peek into the front room to see Derek holding Aniyah in his arms playing with her.

Their father daughter relationship was so strong. Danielle loved her daddy so much,it's crazy. 
(if you forgot that's Aniyah's middle name. I'll be using it quite a bit) 

After seeing that I went to brush my teeth,and I threw on my robe.

"Hey Baby" I saw walking into the front with Derek and Aniyah

"Hey baby" Derek said leaning in to give me a kiss

"Hey mama's babygirl" I say tickling Aniyah causing her to flash a tiny smile.

"Boogady Boogady Boogady Boo" Derek said tickling Aniyah causing her to smile wide looking directly at her daddy.

"You're so good with her"

"So are you"

"Eh I'm decent" I say causing both of us to laugh
"Baby can you do me a favor, pleaseeee"

"And what might that be Mrs.Jo—Crane" Derek says with a smile

I raised my brow wondering if he said that on purpose, and if he was serious or just trying to tease me but I quickly let it go remembering that I was in the process of asking him a question.

"Can you stay here with Aniyah, I wanna go to the studio and get some work done"

"No" Derek said nonchalantly

"No?" I said in shock

I was sure he'd say yes . I mean it was rare that Derek would say no to me, especially regarding my career.

"You heard me, No"

"Why?"

"Because I said so. You don't need to be working right now. You just had a baby. End of discussion"

"Fine" I said with an attitude

"Alex don't be like that"

"Be like what derek?"

"Getting an attitude when I say no. You know I'm looking out for what's best for you"

"Yeah yeah yeah" I said rolling my eyes

"Now give me a kiss" Derek said poking his lips out

Instead of doing what he asked of me I looked at him for a second,scoffed  then got up and walked out. I was too mad at him to even look at him.

How could he say no, and so nonchalantly at that?

I had to find a way to sneak out. I love Danielle but being in this house all day everyday was driving me crazy. I needed to escape . I needed to get back to what I love, music

I could go out of the door attached to the garage but I have to figure out how to silent the alarm so that he wouldn't hear that I was leaving.

I grabbed my phone and went onto the app where I can control my alarm system. I bypassed the door that I was going to leave out and I was all set. I grabbed my purse,phone,and songwriting book and I left.

I got into the car a little surprised that my plan had actually worked but hey I'm not complaining. I was finally free.

Derek

It had been about an hour since Alex got mad at me for telling her no , but I'm just looking for her best interest. Alex has a tendency to push herself to the limit and she doesn't need to do that right now especially because she just had a baby.