Chapter 40: Crane Interview

Vote&Comment please
Goal: 12 votes and 45 comments

"What do you me wow that's interesting!? Is something wrong with the baby??"

"Oh no no no, it's just...you're farther along than we originally thought you were. The baby is bigger than it should be at 6 weeks. From what I'm seeing your around 10-11 weeks."

"Wait...so when is my due date?"

"March 26 is your new due date" Doctor Lynn smiled.

Alex was excited that she'd be able to see her bundle of joy sooner but she was also nervous because she wanted to make sure she was ready.

"Okay thank you" Alex smiled

"Would you like to hear the heartbeat?"

"Yes!" Alex and Derek said at the same time

Doctor Lynn flipped the switch that allowed the heartbeat to play out loud. As the heartbeat was heard Derek got out of his seat and began to milly rock.

"Derek if you don't sit down" Alex laughed

Derek smacked his lips "man you're no fun! Let me show off my moves to the baby" Derek said causing Dr.Lynn to chuckle

"Come here baby"

"Huh?" Derek backed up

"Just come here" Alex used her finger telling him to come over here. Derek reluctantly came over to her and she smacked him upside the head.

"Ouch!" Derek held the back of his head where he was hit

"The baby can't see you, embarrassing me at this appointment" she mumbled and at this point doctor Lynn was dying of laughter.

•••

"Alex what took you so long!?" Carlotta asked Alex as she walked in. Carlotta set up an interview for her so that she can get a bigger audience,and Alex walked in 30 minutes late.

"Sorry! I had a doctors appointment today"

"You good?" Carlotta raised an eyebrow

"Yeah, it was just to check on the ba— bunions I have on my feet. They've been bothering me lately" Alex said remembering that she hadn't told Carlotta that she was pregnant yet.

"Girl when did you get bunions?"

"A few months ago, I didn't think they were a big deal"

"Aww okay, I hope those don't hinder you from dancing. Ima need you to perform full out if we wanna win this ASA"

Alex nodded and walked into her dressing room so that she can get her hair and make up ready for the interview. As she was getting everything done she took a deep breath and tried to prepare for the questions she might be asked in the interview.

"Alright you're all done"

"Thank you" Alex smiled and her hair and make up artist Janiah. Janiah smiled in return. She really liked doing Alex's make up because Alex was always so sweet. The artists Janiah had before never said Thank you and it was refreshing to hear.

"5 minutes" the director poked his head in

"Alright well I guess that's my cue" Alex took a deep breath and walked towards the door.

Derek was behind stage along with Aniyah showing support to his wife like he loved to do. This is something he wouldn't miss for the world.

Alex's nerves were going crazy at this point. She was just walking to the stage with thoughts going through her head rapidly. She even walked past Derek unknowingly. Taking notice of her nerves, Derek grabbed her arm and she turned around seeing her husband and her daughter.