Chapter Thirteen

"I told you, you are too suspicious! Not everything can hurt you," a pretty tortoiseshell she-cat reached out and shoved a gray tabby tom with her paw. The gray tabby laughed.

"I don't know what you mean," the gray tabby tom rolled his gray eyes playfully. The orange and brown she-cat gave him a pointed stare. The gray tabby tom looked away from her mint green eyes.

"Fall, you were kind of rude to Far and Field. They were just trying to be helpful. You just shoved them out," Maple shook her head. Fall turned back to her.

"I just don't know how I feel about the rebellion. I don't want you to get hurt," the gray tabby meowed.

"But you are fine with other cats risking their lives?" the tortoiseshell she-cat asked.

"We told those cats what was going to happen, it's their choice if they want to go through with it," he mumbled.

Maple smiled. "I'm glad we went to see those cats. I hadn't seen Cinder and Ice for awhile."

"I'm glad to see Ice is getting better," Fall meowed happily.

...

"Is this it?" Fall asked his mate. The gray tabby and the tortoiseshell were standing in the forest. In front of them stood a den-like structure made out of brambles with bracken and thistles woven in. The tortoiseshell nodded.

"I think so. This is how I remember it. Although, it does look... tidier," Maple meowed, padding up to the entrance. "Hello?" she called inside the den.

A gray head poked out of the den. The she-cat smiled and beckoned them into the den.

Inside were two cats, including the gray she-cat. She was stocky and quite fluffy, which made her monochromatic fur look full of different shades of gray. Her soft blue eyes shone, and they reminded him of Flame's eyes, but lighter. Her long, fluffy tail was swishing back and forth, slowly.

The other cat was sitting near the middle of the den, her eyes were closed. She had sleek, pure white fur. She was lean, and Fall could see her legs were quite long. Her paws were twitching slightly.

"Ice! We have visitors," the gray she-cat meowed to the white she-cat.

"I know, Cinder. I'm not completely useless," the white she-cat smiled softly.

"I know. I was just letting you know," Cinder smiled, padding over to the white cat.

The white she-cat suddenly opened her eyes. Her eyes were glazed over and glossy. She seemed to be staring at the wall, but Fall knew better.

"Hey, Ice. Guess who it is," Cinder meowed playfully. Ice laughed.

"Really? Do you want to subject all of our guests to this?"

"Most definitely."

"Okay. Well, they smell like the forest, so they must live around here. I don't recognize their scent immediately, but it smells familiar. They must have not come around here in a while. One of them was very light on their feet, must be a she-cat. The other was not careful at all with their pawsteps. Their pawsteps sounded close together, so I would say they are either siblings or mates," Ice meowed thoughtfully. Fall took a step back, slightly shocked.

"Yup, right again! It's Fall and Maple," Cinder purred.

"I knew you were doing better, but this is really impressive!" Maple purred happily, padding over to Ice. The white she-cat smiled.