Chapter 22: New Encounters

As morning rolled around, Robert awoke to hear a ping from his computer. He soon got up and went to his computer and saw that he got an email from the director of the film he auditioned for. The email wrote "Hello Robert, we have taken much consideration in our auditioning and saw you fit perfectly with what we are looking for in the role. Dates to meet are on this document, see you there, James Catrell." Robert smiled and soon went into the kitchen. Lucille was there, preparing breakfast as usual, until Robert came in and hugged her as he said "I got the role." Lucille smiles and hugged back as she said "that's awesome darling." Robert smiled and said "where's the kids?" Lucille said "oh they're with Seymour having a little hangout." Robert said "alrighty, well since we have some time, let's celebrate." He smiles at her more and they both embraced one another in a kiss. Robert soon lifting Lucille up and carrying her into the bedroom. They laid in bed, kisses and snuggles galore as they laid there together. Lucille smiled and said "oh Robert~" in a lustful tone as they began to rub on each other closely. A knock was heard, coming from the front door. Lucille said "I think someone's at the door sweetie." Robert said "I'll get it," as he kissed her deeply and got up. Robert soon got to the door and opened it. He looked up and said "hello ther-" as he saw it was the moose from the studio who killed the producer. The moose grabbed ahold of Robert and shoved him into a bag. Lucille soon heard Robert screaming and quickly ran into the entryway. She was grabbed and shoved into the same bag. The moose tied the bag and ran into a white van disguised as an electrician van. He said to the driver "step on it." The driver began driving to their warehouse, Robert and Lucille were struggling inside the bag. The van stopped and the driver and moose got out of the van. The moose carried the bag in and dropped it on the table. Soon after Lucille and Robert woke up tied up in chairs facing one another. The moose said "well look who decided to wake up." As he came out of the darkness, holding a bat within his grasp. His thick russian accent was piercing as he got closer to them saying "now what do you two know about Bletch?" Robert said "he was the owner of the old theater we performed at." The moose said "don't be coy with me hedgehog. I know you two were in his gang. Tell me what else you know or else." As the moose brought the bat down on his own hands gently, repeating the motion up and down. Robert gulps and said "I don't know much about him, I'm sorry sir." The moose said "so you don't know anything huh? Okay I'll play your game hedgehog." As he soon got behind Lucille and said "guess this old lass will be taking some hits for you then." Robert said in desperation "no don't! Please have mercy!" Lucille shook in fear, scared beyond belief as she sat there tied up. The moose said "then talk hedgehog." Soon Lucille said "we don't know anything! We are only retired performers trying to make it in this world!" Lucille had tears in her eyes as she shouted that and the moose said "alright then, if you two won't talk, we'll keep you for ransom." Robert shouted in fear "Let us go! We didn't do anythi-" The moose knocked Robert out with the bat and knocked out Lucille as well. The moose said "get the camera rolling Hector, time to show we mean business." Hector, who was a mexican accented Lemur said "alright sir." Soon after the moose placed the bat down and walked into his office. He looked to his desk and picked up a picture of Cedric. He teared up and said "where have you gone my love, you were in it for so long and even after all these years, you're still gone." He soon walked over to the picture frames with him and Cedric. He placed his hand on the picture and began to sing "my loving rhino, where have you gone?" He swayed to the window and puts his hand on the window continuing to sing "I have been searching for so long for you.... We were so happy with one another, but those times are over..." He rubbed the window and soon turned around and continued to sing in a higher tone "but soon we'll find each other once more!" He looked down at the picture he held and said in a quieter tone "and we will become whole.... Again...." He smiles as he rubbed the picture and soon placed the picture in his drawer and shuts it. He walked out of his office back to the others.