Chapter 3

I woke up in my new room. I went out onto the balcony that has a beach front view because we lived in California, on the beach. I say outside just looking out at the beach. It was December, but it was still so warm! Taylor had only adopted me yesterday, but I knew that this was where I was meant to be. I went back inside my room and went into the kitchen where I followed the smell of food.
"Mmhhh. What smells so good?" I asked walking into the kitchen.
"Breakfast." Dad said.
"Well no!" I said sarcastically.
He sat a plate of bacon, sausage, eggs, toast, etc. I went down to the basement and started working on my tumbling. I blared my music on my speakers when Dad turned them down.
"Yeah?" I asked him.
"Did you have a friend named Paige that went to the same orphanage as you?" He asked me.
"Yeah, why?" I asked confused.
"Oh, well, come here I have a surprise." He told me as he grabbed my hand and led me upstairs. When I got up there I saw Paige sitting on the couch.
"Paige!" I yelled and jumped into her arms.
"Why are you here?!" I asked her.
"Oh, well, you're dad's friend adopted me! His name is Jc Caylen!"
"Oh my gosh! Paige are you serious?!" I yelled.
"Chill down girls." I think Jc said when he came into the room. Paige jumped into his arms and kept repeating the same thing: thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you. He just hugged her back saying 'you're welcome'.
"I wonder if you could spend the night!" I whisper/ yelled.
"Paige! Is it ok if I stay here for the night? Me and Taylor have to shoot a video!" Jc yelled.
"Ya! It's fine!" She yelled back. Well, there's our answer. She didn't have any extra clothes with her, so she just borrowed some of mine. I gave her a tour of the house. Lastly, I showed her my room. She was amazed.
"Oh my gosh! I forgot!" I said.
"What?!" She yelled.
"I forgot the best part of the house! Come on let's go!" I yelled grabbing her wrist and pulling her into the basement.
"Oh my gosh!" She screamed. We did cheer stunts and worked on our tumbling. Me being my 13 year old self, I suggested we pulled an all-nighter. We went onto the main level and into the kitchen.
"Wait a minute." I said then walked into Dad's room.
"Hey Dad can me and Paige make a chocolate sundae, some popcorn, and watch a movie?" I asked him.
"Sure, anything else you want princess?" He said sarcastically, but was being serious at the same time.
"No thanks. Thank you!" I yelled as I left the doorway. Apparently, Jc and Dad were pulling an all-nighter also, and were vloging it. They decided to come into the kitchen when we were making our chocolate sundaes.
"Watcha makin'?" He asked me.
"Chocolate sundae. You want some?" I asked him. Oh, I had a plan. He opened his mouth signaling to put the spoon of ice cream in his mouth. I put the spook up to his mouth, but then flipped it up putting it on his nose.
"Lily!" He yelled. I ran out of the kitchen and into the living room.
"Betcha can't get me!" I yelled at him. He ran up to me and I ran out into the backyard, and, me being me, I decided to jump into the pool fully clothed. I knew it was a mistake right after I did it. Considering it was 12:45 in the morning, the water was freezing!? Dad jumped in right after me with his shirt off and in just his shorts and underwear. He eventually caught up to me when I was running up the steps to the tree house. He brought me inside and pinned me down in the couch.
"You're turn!" He yelled as Jc smeared a spoon full of icecream all over my face.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
It was now 5:00 in the morning and I was still wide awake. Paige was wanting to go downstairs and tumble some more, so that's what we did. Then, Dad came in bad handed me a box.
"What is this?" I asked him.
"Well, open it!" He said. I opened the box and saw a gold iPhone 5s and a Mac Book Pro. I may or may not have screamed. I hugged him for pretty much the 100th time today. I set up a twitter, Instagram, vine, etc. account. I realized that Dad had given me a "shoutout".
@taylorcaniff: Go follow my beautiful little girl! I love you so much Lily!😘 Her twitter is: @lilycaniff her Instagram is: @lilyelizabeth her vine is: Lily Caniff and so on! Love you @lilyycaniff 😘
By two hours I already had 76k and it was now 7:00 in the morning. Me and Paige were still awake along with Nash, Matt, and Jc's friend, Kian since we had woken them up. Dad and Taylor has fallen asleep close to 6:00 in the morning. We were now watching a movie which was Friday The 13th on netflix. When the scary parts came, me and Paige screamed, jumped, and hid our faces in each other's chest while the boys just laughed at us. Two more hours went by and it was now 9:00. We were joined by the Jacks, Shawn, and Carter who we had woken up by our screaming. We were all playing truth or dare when I got a text message. I looked down at my phone to see who it was and it was Paige.
"What?" I asked her.
"Just read it." She whispered. I read the text which said, 'Who do you think is the cutest?' I texted her back saying 'Nash' and put my phone up. She looked at me and laughed. By now, it was 11:30 and everybody was up and eating lunch. Kian had went to get us Taco Bell, but I had already finished my taco, and was finishing my baja blast. Dad told me I should start a YouTube account, but I didn't really know how, so I had to ask him which was really embarrassing. He showed me how to film and edit and all that crap. Finally, he filmed a video just saying to go follow me on YouTube and a reminder on all of my social media accounts. Me and Paige went up to film a video.
"Hello internet! You might know me as Lily Caniff!" I said into the camera.

"And I'm Paige Caylen! If you didn't already know." Paige said laughing.

"So today, we are going to be doing the 'best friend tag'!" I yelled.
"So basically, what we do is we ask each other questions and they have to try and guess it right?" She said kind of in a question form.
"Right!" I said.