Chapter 9

It took about 38 hours of driving and stopping for food, but we finally got to South Carolina. I got my bags and my guitar and everything else and walked out of the bus. I stepped out and stretched my legs. Boy, it feels good to be off that bus. We got into the hotel when we check in and I was sharing a room with Mahogany.We ran up to our room to call our beds.

"I call this one!" I screamed after I flung open the door and jumped onto the bed closest to the window.

"I wanted this one anyways so jokes on you," she laughed, sitting her stuff down on the opposite bed.

I threw my suitcase on the ground and carefully laid my guitar down.

"We're all going swimming you guys wanna come?" Matt ran in asking.

"Yeah, sure we'll be down there soon," I smiled.

I have to admit, if I had to say which one's the cutest I would say Matt or Nash. What? They're just so cute and they both have a great personality.

I grabbed my aqua strapless bikini top and the matching stringed bottoms. I walked into the bathroom and changed. I put my dirty blonde hair up in a quick, messy bun. I decided not to put on shoes and walked out of the room. I put the room key in my pool bag, along with my phone. I decided to just take the stairs for no reason, just because. I slipped my coverup on walking down the stairs. I finally got down to the pool and saw all of the boys already there. I walked down to where all of their stuff was and took off my cover up. I got a few wolf whistles from random people, but I just ignored them. I sipped my feet into the pool.

"Holy crap, that's cold," I said to no one in particular. I looked up and saw a cute brunette staring at me.

He looked away once I saw him. I softly smiled. He started walking towards me.

"Yes?" I laughed, looking up at him.

"Nothing, just wanted to get the chance to talk to one of the most beautiful people I've ever seen," he smiled.

I blushed and looked away.

"What?" he laughed.

"Nothing, just no one's ever really said anything like that to me," I frowned.

"What?" he said, sarcastically but seriously at the same time," But you're so beautiful!"

"Well, I would tell you why, but I guarantee it'll bore you completely," I told him and laughed.

"Awe come on, I bet it's not that bad," he joked.

"Well, first of all, I'm Lily and I just turned fourteen. My parents died in a house fire when I was eight, so I moved into an orphanage. I just recently got adopted by these guys," I said pointing to the guys," and yeah, we're going on some type of tour they do because they're viners and youtubers and stuff."

"Well, I can assure you that didn't bore me, and also I'm Lucas and I'm 15," he told me. He was really adorable, like wow.

But, we could never be a thing, he lives who knows where and I live in California.

"So where are you from?" I laughed.

"Nevada," he told me,"You?"

"California," I told him,"But I travel a lot with the boys."

I looked over at Matt and saw him watching us.

"That your boyfriend?" Lucas asked pointing to Matt who looked away.

"No, just a close friend. Practically my brother."

"Well, any guy would be lucky to have you," he whispered looking down.

"Really? You think so?" I blushed.

"Yeah," he softly smiled.

"Tha-" I started to say, but stopped to scream when I felt four strong hands push me into the water. When I surfaced, I looked up and saw it was the Jacks.

"Guys!" I yelled at them.

"What?" Nash laughed, holding up his phone. He was vining, great. I got up out of the pool soaking wet. I grabbed a towel, wrapped it around me, and walked back over to Lucas.

"Hey, I have to go can I get your number?" he asked me.

"Yeah sure."

I handed him my phone so he could enter his number and he handed me his. Just as I said 'yeah' Jack Gilinsky came over to me with Jack Johnson, snapchatting.

"Hey guys just posted a new vine with this loser! You can probably guessed what we did, considering she's soaking wet so go check it out!" Gilinsky smiled into the camera.

"Go children!" Johnson yelled.

I looked up from Lucas' phone and smiled a big, cheesy smile and help up a peace sign.

"It was nice talking to you," he smiled as he walked away.

He was cute and cool, but like I said it would never work out.