Lenny, John, and the Other Guys

August 2015

"You don't need to compare yourself to other people, especially if you don't know them."

"I'm just curious, Lenny. Are they older? Younger? Black, white, Asian, Italian?"

"Some of those descriptors are accurate. Are you worried that I will find another 40-something, divorced, Korean single dad, who works in eSports and is interested in wooing me romantically?"

"If they also live in Canada, then I already know them personally."

"This country is so big yet so small. You have tomato sauce on your cheek."

"Where?"

"Higher. To the left. Your left. I'll get it, John."

"Thanks."

"We are here together at this moment, eating the finest lasagna that your home of Maple Town has to offer. The film was predictable, yet amusing. I'm having a good time with you. Tap into The Power of Now."

"One more question."

"Proceed."

"Do any of your other gentlemen callers have a kid as cute as mine?"

"Using your daughter as a ploy for my affections, knowing my maternal instincts? Shameless."

"Is it working?"

"I will dignify neither of those questions with a response. However, as a child who grew up with a single parent, I suggest that while you are playing this untelevised game of John the Bachelor, only introduce your child to a person you are serious about, someone who wants to stick around for awhile. Otherwise, you will have a lot of explaining to do about subjects you may not be prepared to discuss."

"You are a font of wisdom, Lenny."

"Yes, I am."

"Hypothetically, since you're new in town, is this a place you see yourself long-term? Or are you simply passing through, then onto the next major city to Grace with your presence?"

"I want to create the right opportunity, here in Ontario, so I can have a reason to stay."

"Sometimes what you are looking for is directly in front of you."

"If only we could take our own advice."