Lenny and John and New Editions

August 2015

"1985 was not better than 2002."

"What about Bruce Willis?"

"He was in one episode, John. There were way more famous people in the 2002 series."

"More famous than Bruce Willis?"

"More of them. Less famous. Lou Diamond Phillips, Jessica Simpson, that guy from American Pie."

"None of those Pie actors starred in a Die Hard-level movie."

"That is your fame barometer?"

"What's yours, Lenny?"

"Billion dollar franchises. How many have you opened?"

"I've never even walked on a film set."

"I have. Less glamorous than one would imagine."

"Good thing we agreed on the original series, or we'd have to find something else to do for our third date. I'm surprised you like The Twilight Zone, possibly more than I do."

"Are ladies not allowed to appreciate classic sci-fi?"

"It's pretty nerdy, so I don't talk about the show with most people."

"I am Queen of the Nerds. Duchess, at least. I'm not into comic books. You don't have to hide your interests from me."

"There is one other offbeat thing I should tell you about, that I hope isn't a dealbreaker for you. It's a quirk, not a requirement."

"I know about your ex-wife, your joint custody of your four-year-old, your progress with your therapist, and your unheard of affection for 60s television. Tell me more."

"Light furry. Just ears and tails. Occasionally. No costumes. Is that too far?"

"That's your deep secret? I can work with that."