Something I Hold Dear

"Yo Hadrian!" Neville shouted across the room.

I smiled and waved. "Hey Neville, how are you?" Quietly putting books away. The school library was my sanctuary, I had spent hours in this place reading. Though, when you've read every single book in the library.. things get hard.

The schools librarians were very fond of Hadrian, he had always helped with the library, in return, he got to stay in the library twenty- four seven. Neville had always wondered why he looked so tired. He told him about this and Neville forced him to sleep.

But deep down.. they both knew his dark and twisted self-

"You look... good." Neville said as he finally got to where Hadrian was standing. "All the girls will dig you, ya know." And snickered.

Flustered he said, "H-hey! I'm not that bad!" 

Neville sighed and tugged the collar on his shirt. 

He ran out the door, summoning a knife.

***

"Is the job done?" Neville asked.

He let out a groan. "You got my hands all dirty.. can't you spare me a little?"

Neville patted his head. "Well.. you're talking to you're talking to the person who you want to surpass right? You've always wanted to.. since you were little."

Hadrian looked at him with dark eyes. "You know I don't remember anything right?" 

There was a long paused, then Neville nodded.

"I'll see you later Hadrian, for now.. stay out of trouble." 

At Foxfire academy, when the annual Loderstar competition is held, all guests will be treated like students. Including the higher ups.

Although it was a rule that everyone at Foxfire didn't care about, there was always something they were after. Winning.

According to you're ranking. The top two students share a room with eachother. The dorm is called 'The Phenoix. Having two bedrooms with a king sized bed in each one. A bathroom, a kitchen and even a living room.

They had extra storage and a balcony looking over the entire property. And boy was the view neice.

From tenth place and up, you get a room called 'The Lions' sharing with two people, with a bathroom, two seperate bedrooms, with a queen sized bed, and a living room.

The students who ranked thirtieth and up would get a dorm called the 'Commandments"  with three people, three bedrooms a bathroom. And the common room was shared by everyone in the Commandment group.

Everyone scoring above sixty would get the 'crows.' They got a small room by themselves. A knight sized bed, and a bathroom. They shared the crows common room.

The last remaining people would be placed in the group, 'Dogs' they would have to share with four people. Four knight sized beds, a bathroom and all dogs would share the common room.

Positions were hard to get. And it's possible to lose. Though.. Hadrian loved winning too much, so he wouldn't.

It gave him joy whenever he saw the despair on anothers face-

What was he thinking about.. these were his friends.. right?

Anyways, the students that came got all the guest rooms which is the same as the crows expect two metres bigger with two beds. Most students didn't mind it but...