(24) - She Finds Out

Start from the beginning

"What? I ran, and now you're punishing me?"

"Yup." She knew I hated it when she messes up my room, and running was just an excuse to make her pay.

"Hey, how's that fair? Your son was running too."

"Because of you, " I sang, eating another piece.

"That's not true. He clearly knows what he's doing, " She points to Issac who furiously shook his head at me. His eyes dropped in fear, fearing his mother when she saw no logic in anything.

He knew how I got, and he was smart to protest.

"He's three."

"So?" She said, now taking a seat at the table. "I was like that at that age."

"Sure, you were, " I said sarcastically. Nessa was like this because she was lazy, and food was her only love hence why she was being pitied.

"I was too, " She protested. "It was his idea to paint the room, and you still serve him. That's so mean like I only ran a few feet and-"

"What do you mean to paint the room?" I ask, setting my spoon down. Nessa's jaw drops, realizing her mistake.

"Nothing..." She uttered so fast she looks at Issac. Isaac turned the other way, not meeting his aunt's eyes.

Weird.

They were hiding something that's for sure. Isaac sat quietly, eating his food, smiling like an innocent angel.

Nessa does the same. There was nothing innocent going on here. She said room, why?

Did she mean my room?

I get up, heading toward the direction of the room, but before I could get another step in, they shout at the same time.

"No!"

"Mommy!"

What the hell? Why are they so weird?

"Is something wrong?" I asked suspiciously.

"N-Nothing's wrong. No, " Nessa stuttered as Issac reached for his glass of water. Nessa stuttered, not if she was guilty or nervous.

She wasn't nervous, so that can't be... why was she guilty, and why was Issac avoiding me?

Unless...

In a flash, I ran. "Oh God, " My jaw dropped, looking around what used to be my room. The curative walls were plastered with blue and black paint, none of which corresponding to the beige cream color I had before.

Blue figures of what looked like dogs and stick figures we're drawn on the leading wall and a black font printed on the left that said Nessa was here.

My head fumed with rage as I saw my room I tried so hard to do maintain was now ruined with paint. What the hell was Nessa thinking?

"Nessa! Issac!!!" I yelled, rushing back to rant on them, but what I found was an empty table with half-eaten food, and no Nessa and Issac insight.

An alert vibrated on my phone; I saw red when I saw Nessa's text message.

Ness- Brb, we went to the movies. Come back when you are cool. Thx and bye.

And I thought nothing could've have ruined my day.

~
"Issac, what else do you want?" I was pushing the cart, searching down the aisle filled with food that may or may not been unhealthy. Issac pointed to one of the bags of Hot Cheetos, wanting to eat it later. I called Nico if he wanted to come over, and surprisingly he yes, declaring he was free. Issac was aesthetic when he heard that Nico was coming over for movie night.