EPILOGUE

(a/n)

so this is it! the epilogue, really hope you guys like it. i had to do some brain storming for this one.

i've rewritten/edited the first chapters of this story and i'd probably edit more before the december deadline. hopefully. idk,

 i reached my 100K goal a few months ago and i couldn''t believe it so thank you! I JUST WANT TO THANK EVERYONE WHO WAITED PATIENTLY! THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO VOTED/COMMENTED/SHARED/ETC. YOU GUYS ROCK. 

without further adieu, enjoy this final installment.

EPILOGUE

Patience.

It was never my strong suit. Not that I ever claimed it was.

“You’re too worried,”

I turned to Amy with a frown. “Are you sure?” I asked doubtfully, “We’ve been together for seven years.”

“That doesn’t mean anything,” she said, smiling as she rubbed her six-month old baby bump. “You guys are still going strong, that’s what counts.”

My newly-highlighted raven hair played from the slight breeze that passed us as I gazed down at her belly. Amy was glowing ever since her pregnancy and the nervousness of fatherhood was evident in Nathan’s action. Hence, why he was peering out the backyard where Amy and I were currently at every three seconds. Out of all the relationships I’ve seen, they had the type that felt natural. While Rex and I’s relationship was proven tedious and headache inducing, theirs was relax and calm, like soft waves of the ocean. They didn’t have to make their relationship work because it already does. To say I was envious of how easy things were for them would be an understatement.

Amy and Nathan were supposed to get married during the spring but Amy’s surprised pregnancy obviously delayed that. Idaho was just at the peak of fall and it was breezy and cool. Amy was due by late fall or early winter and it was surprising how calm she was about it. In fact, the hormonal pregnant woman never appeared from her. She was still the smiling and caring Amy from high school which I applaud for considering the hormones and cravings coursing through her system.

“You have to be patient, George,” she said, eyeing me.

I bit my lip. “Maybe Rex isn’t the type of guy that wants marriage.”

“And you’re okay with that?”

“HELL NO!” I said, “This is why I’m here to talk to you. What are the signs that a guy is willing to settle down?”

Amy grinned as she sat down on a woven wood chair. “What do you mean?”

“Nathan,” I said, crossing my arms as I looked down on her, “Didn’t he show any signs?”

She shrugged. “I don’t know. I didn’t notice,” she said, “Before I knew it, we were on a date and then he went down on one knee, asked for my hand in marriage and the rest is history.”

I should’ve known. Amy was still as oblivious as ever. Sighing, I slumped down to the similar chair next to hers.

“It’s going to be fine, George,” she said, “You gotta relax. I’m sure Rex would love to spend the rest of his life with you.”

“Amy, everyone’s getting married and having kids,” I said in exasperation, “Joey’s on her honeymoon, Jen’s having her second baby and even Lily May’s engaged!” I ran a hand through my hair in exasperation. “I feel like everyone’s relationship is evolving and me and Rex’ is still stuck in the same place it was in high school.”