Survival Skill 5: Thou must make it official using facebook

Without a warning, Jamie barged into my room. “Hey.”

It was Wednesday afternoon and I was busy with literature. “Do you even know how to knock?” I asked, annoyed.

He then knocked on my now-opened door. “Yup,” he answered, popping the “p.”

I rolled my eyes. “What do you want?”

“I want to borrow the laptop.”

Our household only has one laptop and a computer. I guess Jim was using the computer downstairs.

“Nope,” I popped the 'p,' too, "researching about Hamlet,”

Jamie scrunched his nose. “Great! No TV. No Computer. Maybe, I should just die of boredom already?”

“Maybe you should,” I suggested. “You know, you could always study.”

He groaned, grabbing my pillow and pulling it to his face. “Dying of boredom sounds like a better option than that.” his voice, a little muffled.

“You know your grades are slippi---“

He threw my pillow back in place. “Please, don’t go ‘Mom’ on me again.”

“Well; if you actually---“

“NOOOOOOOOOOO!”

“Fine! Die with boredom with your stupid grades.” I growled, irritated. I was just looking up for him.

He, suddenly, sat up straight with a sly smirk. “I guess I’ll just have to go Sherlock Holmes.”

I was confused with the change of topic and the evil glint in my brother’s eyes. "What?"

“I’m going to find out how you and Rex magically started dating.”

“We told you already. He had a thing for me and I developed a thing for him then he courte---“

“Do you seriously think I’ll buy that crap?”

hoped he would. “Whatever, Jamie,” I shrugged, focusing back on my research.

He stood up, tapping his index finger on his chin as he started walking to the direction of the door. “I have to search for clues.”

“Whatever knocks your socks off,” I replied. He then laughed maniacally before closing my door. “Stupid brother,” I muttered.

It’s the boy I never told “I like you”

It’s the girl you let get awa---

My ringtone distracted me from my research and I quickly took hold of it.  I grimaced once I saw the caller ID. “What do you want Rex?” I asked when I answered the call.

“Wow! I miss you too, sweetheart.” Rex answered sarcastically.

I rolled my eyes. “What do you want?”.

“Log in to Facebook,”

My brows furrowed due to his request. “Why?”

“Just do it,”

I rolled my eyes again, before doing the task said. Once logged in, I checked my notifications. A few tagged photos from Violet. 10 likes for my new Profile Picture. 4 Likes from a funny post Amy tagged us into. 1 like for my Mom posting something on my wall and - 

“YOU SENT ME A RELATIONSHIP REQUEST?!” I heard a clutter on the other end, meaning Rex dropped his phone.

I heard shuffling from the line before Rex' irritated voice came in. “Seriously, Georgie? I think you just sent my eardrums to mars.”