Chapter Eighteen - Past

Start from the beginning

"I can handle him," I said.

"Alright."Archer nodded, he knew arguing with me wasn't going to get him anywhere.

He was about to leave when I called him again. "What happened with Maya the other day?"

"Just helped with her study, and then drove her home." He said, digging his hands in his pockets, and fidgeting.

When my brother avoided eye-contact, I knew something was up. He was either making up a story to cover up the truth, or blatantly lying. Right now, he was telling me just half of the story.

"Archer," I said with a tone of warning. "What happened?"

He knew I wouldn't let go, he stepped inside the room again and closed the door. "Well...she got to know that I was...that..."

"Spit it out."

"She got to know from somewhere that I hooked up with Tina." His cheeks turned red. "And she got mad."

Maya was only thirteen, and nowhere near the age of dating a seventeen-year-old guy no matter how much she wanted it.

He swallowed hard, "We were arguing, until it became a full-blown fight and then she was sobbing and started taking off her top, telling me that if I wanted something, all I needed to do was ask."

"Oh my god, Archer. What did you do?"

"Are you crazy?" His eyes were wide with disgust. "She's only thirteen. A kid, basically. Do you think so low of me that I would take advantage of eager thirteen year old just because she wanted me to? I could use some fucking trust here, Vicky."

"I'm sorry. It's just that the way you said it..."

"I buttoned her blouse back up and told her that she wasn't old enough and that I wouldn't touch her. She had the audacity to threaten me, said she'd let their stable boy fuck her as soon as she turned fifteen."

I felt bad for Archer. He really did like Maya, the problem was the age.

"Promise me you won't tell Ty. In any circumstances. If he knows about this, he'll wring my neck and feed me to one of his pets."

I laughed, "I totally believe that he would."

Archer smiled. "Maya's a little rich brat, nothing else."

"You're a good guy, Archer."

He gave me a tight smile proving that he believed otherwise.

* * *

Tyler

I'd drank half of the flask when I reached home. As I said, I was feeling especially rebellious. Not to mention, Vicky had woken up a beast inside me. After parking the car in the designated spot, I screwed back the lid of the flask and stashed it back inside the glove compartment.

I entered the house to find it engulfed partly in darkness. I passed the dining area and the music room when a maid almost gave me a heart attack.

"Young Master Tyler, would you like me to prepare your dinner?" Mercy asked, her eyes looked tired but she was making a good attempt of seeming enthusiastic about preparing a meal after midnight.

The middle-aged maid was one of the nicer women employed by our family. While other servants didn't give two shits if I ate or not, Mercy often sat through hours and hours waiting for me. Sometimes, I had to call the mansion just to tell her I wasn't coming home and to go to bed.

Come to think of it, I should have eaten one of Archer's tacos, now I was regretting not having eaten it. "If it's not too much trouble, Mercy, I'd like you to heat up whatever you made for dad."