Chapter 14: Together Forever.

~Ashley's memory flashback~

She was pulling me to the Ferris wheel and there was a big ass line.

"Are you sure you wanna wait this long?"

"Baby it's meant to carry more than two couples at once."

It'd been years since I rode any carnival ride. I couldn't blame her since it was our 6th month anniversary.

"Alright but we're not moving."

~Return to current day~

I can't believe I still have this damn thing. I rip it into tiny pieces and throw it away. Fucking whore. I can't believe I helped his stupid ass.

~jake's POV~

Me and destiny are stronger than ever. Even if I did fuck up on our break, she still forgave me. It's been almost 4 years since we started dating. We were walking through the mall when I see my ex girlfriend from a distance and instantly squeezed Destini's hand

"Jacob? What's wrong?"

I couldn't answer her, I could do is stare locking eyes with Ella. I all I could think was please don't come over, please don't come over.

"Jacob? Answer me... Who are you staring at?"

Then her eyes followed my stare then quietly, but loud enough for me to hear, she gasped. She knew who Ella is. Then I felt my legs start moving, not by my doing, but being pulled. She didn't want anything to do with Ella. Before I knew it we where back outside sitting on one of the benches.

"Jake? Jake, please... answer me..." she was talking... begging for an answer that I just couldn't give...

"E... Ella..." was all I managed to get out... my heart was racing... I could feel my hands shaking like crazy.

"Ella? Your ex? Jake she's not even thinking about you. But do you know who is?"

I slowly looked up at her with tears threading to overflow. Then her face softened and started to rub the center of my back.

"She's looking at you, right now.... iIt's me. I care about you. And I love you."

I couldn't help but smile. Then felt her lips against mine, the best thing in the world.

~later that day at home~

We had been watching movies the rest of the day since the mall. I get up and use the bathroom and on the way back I grab the small box with her engagement ring and slide it into my pocket and sit back down draping my arm over her shoulders.

"I'm sorry for earlier... I wasn't expecting her to be there. She moved out of the city like 3 years ago..." why am I apologizing? God I'm an idiot.

"It's okay Jacob. I didn't know the full story... and the way you shutdown.... it scared me. You're okay now and that's what matters. I can't let my babe be dragged down by some old girlfriend."

She kissed me tangling her hands in my hair singling she wanted me. Right there. But I have a surprise.

I pull away and she gives me that pouty face that gets me every time.

~Destiny's POV~

Seeing Jake shutdown like that scared the Fuck out of me. I had to get him away from her. I kissed him and I instantly get horny. Just touching him sends shockwaves through my body. I noticed a little bulge in his pocket (not his dick you perverts ;))

Then he starts to get up kissing me to distract me from seeing him pull out the little box. He gets down on one knee and I freeze in spot.

"My sweet, sweet, Destiny. You are the light of my life, the fire that burns in my soul. We may have had a rough start in the beginning, and even a year long break. But no matter how far away from each other we are, or how close we are, you are the one person I love with all of my being. You've never stopped loving me when I was down and depressed. You make me the happiest man in the universe. Every second I'm with you, I'm in paradise. After these 4 years of dating, would you, Destiny Michelle Connor, make me complete by marrying me?"

I was crying tears of joy by the end all I could do was nod yes and throw myself into him kissing him hard on the lips.

~Jake's POV~

Once I got done with my proposal she threw herself on me nearly knocking the 18 karat gold ring out of my hand. We were on the floor kissing and cuddling like teenagers.

Once we'd calmed down I slid the ring on her finger. At the same time there was a knock on the door ruining the moment.

I get up as Dest sits on the floor staring at her ring and answer it seeing Ella again.

"Jake? I'm sorry for earlier... and for... dumping you... can we... start over?"

She's joking right? 5 years later and she wants me back? No fucking way.

"No. I'm over you. I'm engaged now. And I'm happier than I ever was with you. Fuck you. Stay the Fuck out of my life." And closed the door in her face. Unlike most other guys I don't slam doors in women's face.

"Jake? Jakey was that your ex?" She's so fucking cute.

"Yeah. Bitch wants me back. Right after I proposed to you. I don't even know how she knew."

"Are you joking? After the way she treated you? I'm not letting you go. You're stuck with me forever now."

That made me smile and I sat back down on the floor right next her and she instantly leaned on my side. I pulled her into my lap and wrapped my arms around her.

This is heaven. Right now. Everyday that we're together I'm in bliss. All can do now is wait for the day we're married.