Epilogue - We Found Love In A Hopeless Place

8 Years Later

"Richard...I'm nervous," Charlie mumbled, holding onto his husband shirt as tightly as he could. Richard only smiled at his beautiful man, and kiss his lips.

"There's no need for that superman, this is a good thing. We are starting a family,"

"What if she doesn't like us?" Charlie scrunched his nose. What if he was a bad father? What if he did something wrong?

"Superman, you need to stop thinking like that. Daddy Hazz raised you just fine didn't he? I'm sure she will love us." Richard insured, kissing the corner of Charlie hand and leading him into the family brake room, where Zayn, Niall, Harry and Louis sat. The rest of the family would be here by the time the baby was born, while the boy's fathers had stayed in the same American hotel with their sons, awaiting the birth of their granddaughter, Richard and Charlie's daughter.

There surrogate mother was a part of a program to produce children for same sex couples that couldn't conceive themselves. Well, for a large price. And now, their own flesh and blood was about to be born and Charlie thought he might fucking pass out.

It was so exciting for Richard though. He had always wanted this with Charlie; he had always wanted to start a family. To think that they were about to see their baby girl for the first time, their little Harper.

Charlie had picked out the name, with Richard's help. He said that it was perfect for their little baby, and Richard agreed. So they sat together, waiting, just waiting for the word that their little baby girl was born and that they were ready to start the rest of their life. Richard thought he may have been as nervous as the day he married Charlie. And that was saying something.

It was a mix of emotions. Anxiousness, excitement, pure joy, blending together and making Richard feel like this was the best day of his life.

A knock on the door and all of the men shot up, Charlie squirming in his husbands grip. "It's time," a nurse smiled, gesturing for the younger couple to follow after her.

"I'll need you to put these on and do not remove the masks." She instructed, handing the two scrubs with masks and shoe protectors.

"Once the baby is born, she will be assessed. After she's cleared, you can return to your child's assigned room." She told before she left the small area, a curtain warped around it as Richard and Charlie dressed in the ridiculous outfits.

Richard graded onto Charlie's hand and led him to the operating room, seeing as Harper would be born by C-section and that in its self would have some difficulties.

"What if....something goes bad?" Charlie asked, holding Richard's hand tighter than he ever had before. Richard shook his head.

"It won't," Richard kissed his superman on the forehead, "Now c'mon babe, you have to be nice and quiet and calm,"

"This is scary," Charlie said, looking around the operating room.

"They are all here to help our little baby," Richard explained. Charlie nodded, and the two boys were positioned to the side of their surrogate, who was already unconscious.

"Here we go," The doctor smiled.

Charlie winced when the doctor made his incision and gripped his lovers hand tighter. "R-Richard there gonna cut Harper!" He said quietly, his eyes watering with fear. Why where they hurting her?

"No, No baby they have to get her out. Don't worry, they won't hurt her. I promise." Richard tried to smile, but Charlie looked so scared, he looked terrified. He never did like hospitals after there last encounter and now, These mean men were out to hurt his precious little baby.