Chapter 20 - The Reason I Hold On

Zayn hated Ms. Edwards. He didn't want that bitch here even if she was the only one keeping Harry and Zayn under the same roof. She was bad news, Zayn could practically smell it. "Why don't you guys play outside while I talk with her?" Jay said, ushering the two boys out back there Zayn decided to play in the grass.

          Soon they were stained green, rolling around on to of on another and giggling like little kids. "I love you." Zayn whispered, kissing Harry's nose. Harry was straddled on Zayn's lap, Zayn sitting up with his arms around Harry's waist.

          The curly boy giggled, ruffling Zayn's hair. "I love you too." He responded, poking Zayn's tummy. Zayn didn't like that, so he flipped the two around.

         Harry was pinned under Zayn, Zayn's lips closing in on his when their names were called from across the yard. "Dammit," Zayn cursed, getting up and pulling Harry to his feet. "Don't say anything to Ms. Edwards, okay baby? Not one word."

         Harry nodded, grabbing ahold of Zayn's had as he pulled him across the lawn. "Hello Zayn... Harry." She huffed, making Zayn's stomach turn. Why was she being such a bitch to Harry?

          "Zayn, Harry, Ms. Edwards wants to talk to you two separately, if that would be okay?" Zayn nodded his head, pulling his hand from Harry who whimpered. " Harry, why don't we go get some lemonade?" Jay held her arm out.

          Suddenly, Harry lost all train of thought, following Jay inside like a lost puppy. "Hello Ms. Edwards," Zayn grumbled. "Please, call me Perrie." She clung to Zayn's arm, walking him across the lawn. "Listen, you're nice and all, but wh-" Zayn was cut off by a pair of lips pressed to his own.

          At first, he didn't recognize what was happening, or whose lips were against his own but as soon as it registered, he pulled away-pushing the blond away from him. "What are you doing?" He screeched. Perrie landed on her but, whipping her bright red lips. "What do you think? I was kissing you?" She said innocently. "Yeah, well don't do it anymore." He growled, starting to walk away.

          "Calm down Zaynie, it's just an innocent little kiss." Her fingers trailed absently up his clothed chest, but Zayn once against pushed her away in disgust.

          Just then, Jay came out of the house fists tightened, a scowl on her lips. "What do you think you're doing Ms. Edwards?" She hissed, going at the girl but Zayn held her back, whispering that he had everything under control.

          "There's nothing wrong with kissing someone! Might I remember, I can have you two taken from this house, and the rest of you children Mrs. Darling." She threatened, fixing her heel. "What you just did is not only wrong, but illegal. Zayn is underage. But that's not even the worst thing. You just broke a innocent little boys heart you pathetic bitch, now get off my property!"

          Perrie then let out a childish scream, storming off. "I'll get you for this!" She huffed, getting in her car and pulling out of the drive way, pealing rubber.

          "Zayn, Harry saw..." Jay breathed uneasily, Zayn's heart dropping. "Where is he?" Zayn started for the house, opening the door. "In your room, but please be careful."

          Zayn nodded, rushing up the stairs to their bedroom which was surly locked. "Baby?" He knocked on the door but all he got back were loud sobs, the occasionally scream. " Harry, Please! I didn't kiss her..." Zayn jiggled the door knob, knocking on the door several times but Harry only screamed. "Yes you did!"

          Why Harry wouldn't believe Zayn was obvious. He himself had never experienced such pain; such hatred... Harry wouldn't forgive him easily. "Charming...You know I would never do that. I love you to much, I  would never hurt you like that!" Zayn pleaded, knocking his body against the door in hopes to open it. "Please...Just open the door, baby, we can talk about it?" Zayn asked.

          All was quiet till a loud sound startled him, something like a table falling over. Harry's sobbing had stopped and now there was an even louder sound, like something smacking against the wood floor. "Shit," Zayn cursed, braking the door down.

         Harry lay on the floor, his body shaking wildly, foam escaping his mouth and his head smacking against the dark wood floor. "JAY!" Zayn screamed, running over to Harry where he picked him up, trying to move him to the bed were he kept thrashing, his eyes rolled back.

          The white substance covered the floor, its pungide smell making Zayn's stomach twist.

          Jay finally came into view, rushing into the room and to Harry aid, holding the boy's head to the side so he didn't drown on the saliva like liquid. "H-He just...And then I..." Zayn cried. He was now pacing the room as Harry begun to calm, making loud puffs for air while Jay walked to the bathroom for a warm cloth and a child's snot sucker to extract the foam from Harry's air passages. 

          "It's okay, Zayn...When he's come to, he'll understand." She reassured, squeezing the end of the sucker and using it to suck the liquid from the back of Harry's throat, then both his nostrils.

          "Why don't you clean him up, I'll go get some Pedialite to re hydrate him." She said.

          Zayn sat at the side of the bed with the bowl of water and rag, whipping the sticky substance from Harry's mouth and face. "I'm so sorry darling; Please...Please don't hate me." Zayn sighed, kissing his forehead before starting to take off his clothes till he was down to his boxers.

          Zayn then went to the bathroom, wetting a large towel, ringing it out then bringing it back to the room were Jay had Harry awake, bottle feeding him Pedialite. "Don't worry, he's not really conscious right now. He's on auto pilot." Jay said, wiping away some of the Pedialite that escaped his lips.

          Zayn sighed, placing the damp towel on the bed then moving Harry on top of it to cool his hot body.

          When Harry has seizures, it's like he ran 200 miles without stopping, he's so warn out that he losses control and throws up involuntarily, his body becoming weak.

          "I'll sit with him if you need time?" Jay suggested, but Zayn declined it, lying beside Harry. "It's okay...I want to be here when he wakes. I don't want him to think I abandoned him."

          But of course, Zayn would never abandon Harry. He loved him way too much. Harry was Zayn's life, the reason he lived, the reason he breathed. Everything the darker did was for Harry.

          If only Harry could see that.

________________________________

vote, comment, fan?