Chapter 12 - If You're To Big To Follow Rivers

"I want Zaynie," Harry mumbled, "Now,"

"Harry," Liam sighed, grabbing a plate of food and setting it in front of the small curly boy, "I'm sorry, okay? Just eat your dinner and then maybe we can watch a movie or go to the park,"

"No!" Harry pouted, "Not without Zaynie,"

"Oh, c'mon, love, please?" Liam asked, "Just eat. You love these chicken fingers, I know you do. You ate a whole plate of them yesterday,"

"Zayn," Harry continued to pout.

Liam bit his lip, not really knowing what to do. Harry had been refusing to do everything lately, acting like a small child. He wouldn't do anything unless he could talk to Zayn. So, Liam finally gave in, walking out of the room to grab the phone, and called the Tomlinson's house. It rang a few times, but finally....

"Hello?" A new voice answered the phone.

"Uh, hi, this is Liam Payne. I was calling to see if Zayn had a moment to talk to Harry," Liam said, looking to the bouncing boy on the couch, staring up at him with bright green eyes, shining with excitement.

"Sure," The voice said, "This is Louis, by the way. I'm Jay's son,"

"Oh," Liam smiled, "It's nice to meet you, Louis,"

He chuckled, "You too. Alright, here's Zayn,"

Liam handed Harry the phone and smiled when the young boy placed it above his ear.

"Harry, darling, you have to put the phone by your ear and by your mouth so that you can hear Zayn and he can hear you, okay?" Liam asked.

Harry nodded and bit his lip in focus as he placed the phone on his ear.

"Zayn?" Harry asked.

"Hey, charming, it's me," Zayn said, in all honesty a little bit choked up. He really missed Harry, like, really missed him. And he would never understand that Harry missed him the same.

"I went outside on my own," Harry giggled, "Liam didn't like it,"

"What! Let me talk to Liam!" Zayn screamed in panic. What if his brother was hurt because Liam was a incapable caretaker?

"No, no, Zaynie, it's okay," Harry said, hoping that Zayn wasn't mad at him, "Liam got me before the car did,"

Now Zayn was panicking, "Harry Styles, you put Liam on the phone right now, do you hear me?"

Harry was shocked by Zayn's harsh words, and gave the phone to Liam, tears welling up in his eyes. Liam worriedly took the phone-only having heard half of the conversation. He took a deep breath, hoping Zayn wasn't too upset.

"Hello?"

"Okay, listen here, Liam," Zayn growled, "I don't know why the hell you would let him go outside on his own, but if you ever do it again, or let him get hurt, I will hunt you down and destroy you,"

Liam gulped and then decided that he should probably explain himself, "Uh, yes, I understand. But the only reason this happened was because of my father. Harry is a little bit afraid of him, and he was really skittish, and he started yelling at me, and then he ran outside. I chased after him because I knew he wasn't allowed out there alone. And he was in the middle of the street. I had to jump out in front of a car to save him,"

There was a pause, a moment of silence, and then Liam heard a broken sob from the other end of the phone.

"I'm sorry, Liam," Zayn cried, "Thank you, thank you for saving my brother,"