Prologue -Patient Love

*Book two*

*Sequel to Louder than Lions*

Once upon a time, two boys had a Happily ever after. But what happens after the ending? Where does their life go from there? And what challenges does their Autistic son face, with school, or even socializing with other children? They'll just have to face those obstacles when they come. Like the reappearance of people from their past, and knew additions to the large family they had been welcomed into.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Prologue - You Start A Fire In My Heart

"This is school?" Charlie giggled, looking up at his tan skinned father. Zayn nodded and kneeled down next to his beautiful little boy.

"You are going to learn lots of really cool things here," Zayn explained, pushing Charlie's hair to the side with his nimble and long fingers, "But you have to behave, and listen to the teachers, okay?"

Charlie nodded, his big eyes staring into Zayn's in a moment of rare focus.

Zayn was nervous. Hell, he remembered how hard school was for Harry, and it was to be the same for his little baby boy. But he couldn't hover over his son forever. He knew that Charlie needed to experience school, and figure out how the real world worked. He led the small autistic boy by his hand towards the brick school building.

"Why is Daddy not here?" Charlie asked softly.

"He's at home, buddy," Zayn sighed, imagining his beautiful husband, curled up in the duvet, his head still slightly sweaty from this morning's sexual advances. Thinking back on it, Zayn probably shouldn't have taken Harry so hard on Charlie's first day of school. But he couldn't help himself. His self-restraint was pretty much nonexistent when Harry was wrapped up in his arms. "But I'm sure if he were here he would only be a panicky mess,"

"Okay, Dadda," Charlie giggled.

They walked into the school, and Zayn took him straight to the younger special education classroom, where a few kids already stood, holding their parent's hands. He heart was pounding and he swooped down, picking Charlie up and holding him tightly to his side protectively.

"Welcome to South Side Elementary. I am the special education teacher for ages 4 to 8. My name is Ms. Watkins. Now, are there any questions before I gather the kids for the first day?"

A few shaky parents raised their hands and asked questions.

"Do you know about my daughter's disease?"

"My son needs to take his medicine on time every day...."

"If Tommy get's off schedule, he will get really worked up. Will there be a strict timeline to follow?"

Zayn just stood there, holding tightly to his little boy and not wanting to let him go. He didn't want Charlie to have to go through school like Harry did.

"Alright," Ms. Watkins smiled, "Time to begin,"

Zayn shakily followed the other parent's lead. He set Charlie on the ground and kneeled beside him.

"Okay, Charlie," He breathed, "I'm going to go to work now, okay? Why don't you go with everyone else and play?"

Charlie looked at the kids around him.

"I don't wanna," He pouted, "I go with you Dadda,"

Zayn bit his lip, trying to hold back tears and thinking, man up Zayn. "No, baby, you have to go to school now, okay? Listen, it'll be fun. I will be back soon to get you and then we can go home to see Daddy and tell him how much fun school is,"

Charlie still looked upset, but this time he nodded.

"Good boy," Zayn smiled shakily, "Now give me a kiss,"

Charlie leaned in, pressing a small kiss to his father's lips and hugging him.

"Bye, Dadda,"

The small boy turned and walked into the classroom, wobbling on his unsteady legs, looking at the kids around him curiously.

Zayn watched, biting his lip, and feeling tears come to his eyes.

~

"Mr. Malik?"

Zayn had answered his phone in the middle of work, panicking when he had seen the school's phone number.

"Yes?" Zayn said, excusing himself from his current position.

"Your son...he got in a small...quarrel. Perhaps you and your wife should come down to the school?"

"My husband," Zayn snapped, his body trembling.

"What?"

"Me and my husband will be to the school shortly,"

Zayn sped the entire way.

He knew things would be hard, but he never expected that he would get called down to the school on the first day. When he arrived at home, Liam and Harry were sitting on the couch watching, of course, a Disney film.

"Zaynie?" Harry giggled, "Home early?"

"No time to talk, Harry," Zayn mumbled, grabbing his husband and pulling him to the car, "Charlie is in trouble,"

They were to the school in no time, walking into the special education and seeing their little boy screaming and crying in Ms. Watkins grasp. There was another boy standing next to him, looking angry, his parents standing behind them.

"What the hell happened?" Zayn growled, pulling Charlie into his arms, Harry and Zayn both wrapping their arms around the small boy.

"Uh, Tommy here didn't understand why Charlie couldn't say the alphabet," Ms. Watkins stuttered, clearly flustered.

Zayn eyed Tommy angrily, passing Charlie over to Harry. Zayn knew he couldn't bad mouth a small child, so he looked to his parents. Both looked fake. The husband, probably the cliché cop and the mother probably a stay at home mum.

"Listen here," Zayn said, walking towards them, "I don't care what fucking disease your little Tommy has, but you need to teach him how to talk to other kids with disabilities. My son has autism, and he doesn't need shit from people like you,"

"Watch your language, please," Ms. Watkins interjected.

Zayn shrugged her off, "Don't bring your son back to school tomorrow unless he will leave my boy alone, okay?"

The other pair of parents just stood in shock, holding a grumpy looking Tommy.

"Let's go, Harry," Zayn snapped, pulling his son and his husband from the room.

"Daddy, I don't like school," Charlie cried.

Zayn knew that this was the start to a bumpy road. Maybe their happily ever after wasn't really The End.

____________________________________________________________

Okay, so....that's the prologue.

Hehe!

So...yeah.