33

After sometime when the principal has gone Rameez again came and asked about when her father is coming to pick her up and why she told him to eave when Ibtihaj was obviously misbehaving.

Noor explained, "Actually Rameez the thing is that Sir Ibtihaj is the Editor-in-Chief of Mirage and he is our senior also. His temper gets shot easily and it is college known fact that he likes to fight and on top, he is college best kickboxer. At that time sir was in a very bad mood so I thought it was better that you left or else another fight would have started. And I did not want that."

Rameez was satisfied with Noor's explanation, "Ok, But why was he so angry."

She replied while rolling her eyes, "When is sir not angry."

At this Noor's comment, both smiled and Rameez said, "Well, yeah."

Rameez questioned, "I forgot to ask how will you go to your home."

She told him, "Well, Rameez Baba jann has to go on an urgent mission in Quetta. So, he told me to go with Zaheer, just for today."

He shrugged, "Oh... Ok. So, you will wait for Zaheer for like 2 hours. It's just 4'O clock right now."

Noor seemed tired, "Umh. That's what I am thinking. I am so hungry and still, I have to wait for such a long time. I am feeling tired and my rib is hurting me."

Rameez thought for a second and asked her, "Noor listen you are hungry, tired and hurt. So, why not I take you home."

She was startled, "You...But..."

He explained, "t this time it seems a logical solution. You won't have to wait. I will call my driver."

Noor hesitated not sure what to say. Rameez used it and assured her. "I promise Noor I will drop you home. It's no big deal."

"Yeah but still I never go with strangers. Also what about Zaheer bhai?"

"Strangers... We are fellow students for the last 3 months and as for Zaheer, I will talk to you for him. It's no big deal Noor or Don't you want to go home."

"I do. It's just that....."

"You don't want me to be the one to drop you off at your home. I..."

Noor could see that Rameez mood was about to be spoiled and since he was being so helpful she need not be so bratty so she immediately made her mind. "No, it's not like that at all. Actually, Rameez my rib and knee are badly hurting, and I can't wait without putting the strain on them. Also, I have to wear my school shoes."

"Look, Noor, I will walk you off and also I will make you wear your shoes. Problem solved. Ok."

Before Noor could say no he called for his driver," But"

Rameez made the call for their ride. "Ok.so, here's your bag. I picked it up from the class. Now, I am gonna come on your front. Hold my shoulders and try to sit. Don't put much strain on your rib. Put your all weight on me."

Noor did what Rameez told her and she was able to sit without distressing her injury and farther. Her feet dangled from the sick-bay bed. Rameez carried her black coloured school shoes from under the bed and put them in front. There was 'ting' voice from his iPhone X. Rameez checked it and said that their ride was here. "It's coming from the backside."

Noor still hesitated"Umhhh....Ok. But Rameez please listen...I will try to walk on my own. It does not look good you helping me like that"

Rameez frowned, "No .... what??? But why???"