12

____________________________

Ist Year C Day / Tuesday

  ____________________________  

The next day Noor inquired from Zaheer about Khalid's whereabouts.

"Zaheer bhai, Do you remember Khalid bhai? He was with you in school."

Khalid tried to remember for some time and then said,"Khalid. Ah... I remember him. He's got quite a ruckus with Ibtihaj these days."

"Who? Khalid bhai?"

"Yes."

"But why? Khalid bhai is quite a low laying and has reserved, quite nature. How could he had anything to do with that devil?"

"Don't know much but they are in the same section.'

"Which one?"

"2nd Year A. Why are you so curious about him?"

"Me. Well, I just wanted to talk to him."

"Ok. Do you know where he might be at recess time."

"He is up at the rooftop. But Noor don't you go there. It's not allowed for juniors."

"Ok. Grandpa. I will not."

Khalid laughed at this."What did you just call me, mano?"

Noor pouted,"Hey, don't call me that."

He repeated only to annoy Noor further,"Mano... Mano..."

They both left for their classes laughingly.

  ____________________________  

Rooftop / Recess

  ____________________________  

Noor left Girl's common room and went with Zarghone on the rooftop in search of Khalid. When Noor and Zarghone reached the roof to she saw that Khalid was battered badly, he was badly bleeding. His face carried many cuts that were seeping blood.

She and Zarghone gasped in horror. "Khalid bhai..."

They both rushed to him and Zarghone tried to make him sit.

Noor inquired with quivering lips."What happened here bhai?"

She stammered."No... Zari, give me your water bottle."

Noor helped Khalid gulp some water. The first sentence that Khalid uttered shocked both of them to the core." I want to die."

Both gasped and shockingly cried,"What?" They can see that Khalid was in no state of arguing so Noor pleaded, "But why Khalid Bhai?"

When did he not immediately answer Noor spoke, "Are you about to die? Why? You go to such a nice school. You have a loving family. You even got good grades"

Khalid cried, "No... This isn't school, it's hell. Pure absolute living hell."

Noor corrected him by saying,"Excuse me, but the real hell is outside this school. Do you know bhai? How many students wish to join this prestigious school?"

Khalid asked if she knows about the five heads or not and explained their tussle with him that made him a hunted man. He also told them Ibtihaj was the cause of his beating.

Noor hating Ibtihaj more than ever thought, Ye insan to kisi ko nahi bakshta, lagta he is ka teluq kisi bull family se ha. Har waqt pagal bull ki tarah logo se takarte rehta ha.