19.

Lilith's point of view

"Thanks for that, Ephraim." I sighed as I turned to look at him.

"Welcome." He nodded. "Can I talk to you? In private?" I glanced at Kyona and she nodded to let me know it was alright.

"Sure." I shrugged and stood up. I followed him to the hallway, my heels clicking loudly against the floor. "What?" I said bluntly.

He opened his mouth and I was ready for a snarky remark but instead he relaxed. "Happy birthday." He sighed with a heavily, holding a small box out to me.

"Thanks." I smiled, ripping off the wrapping to reveal a ring box.

"You look beautiful, by the way." He added as I looked up at him with a smile.

"What's this?" I asked, holding the ring box up a bit.

"Open it." I did as told and gasped when my eyes laid themselves on a beautiful ring with a dog paw on it in pink diamonds. "It's gorgeous."

"I didn't know what to get you and then I stumbled upon this." He explained. "It's an organisation where you can order jewelry with this paw on it. Then a percentage of what you paid will go be used to rescue stray dogs. But you always wear the same accessories."

"Ephraim-"

"And I know it's nothing big like Vince's gift but I know that you're all about saving dogs." He rambled. "I know that since you brought stray puppies home and always get excited when we walk past a dog. I mean I understand because they get excited to see you too."

I cut him off by wrapping around his shoulders and nuzzling my nose into the side of his neck. With heels I wasn't short compared to him so it was easier to hold him this way. I took a deep breath and he chuckled but I didn't care if I was being creepy, he smells great.

"Thank you." I murmered in his shoulder as he slowly wrapped his arms around my waist. I did notice that his arms were under my coat, making me feel the heat from his hands seeping through my shirt and onto my back.

"You're welcome." He whispered, burying his face in my neck in return. I pulled back after a few more seconds and smiled brightly at him. "Here." He took the box from me and grabbed my hand, sliding the ring on my ring finger gently.

"It's perfect." I grinned and then leaned up to kiss his cheek.

"It's no problem." He said softly and then cleared his throat. "Eva wants to go Macdonalds after school and she wants you to come with beacuse she knows it's your birthday."

"How does she know?" I chuckled.

"She watched me stress around the last week because I couldn't think of a gift for you." He smiled awkwardly and I grinned. "Don't say it." He said when I opened my mouth. "You coming or not?"

I gave him a nod and one last smile before walking back to the girls. "Ephraim!" I yelled as I turned back to look at him. He stared at me with an eyebrow raised, he was daring me to say it. "You are absolutely adorable!" I shouted and I quickly ran away as fast as I could on my heels.

"Dâmn you, Lilith Morales!" He yelled dramatically and I laughed as I entered the cafeteria.

"What did he want?" Brie asked as she helped Shannon drink some water.

"He just wanted to give me my present." I answered, sitting back down and taking my water.

"Did you just have a quickie?" Kyona gasped and my eyes widened.

"Ky!" I exclaimed, smacking her on the back of her head. "Are you nuts?!"

"Did he nut?" She wriggled her eyebrows suggestively.

"No, we didn't have a quickie." I rolled my eyes. "He gave me this." I held my hand out to them and their mouth dropped in shock.

"Dâmn, I was only joking about you two." Kyona said, taking my hand to get a better look at the ring. "I didn't know it was this serious."

"Huh?" I frowned dumbly.

"Lilith, he literally put a ring on it!" Shannon exclaimed and my mouth formed an 'o' space.

"Well not in that way." I rolled my eyes. "It's just because he knows that I always wear the same earrings and bracelet. And Dana already gave me a necklace, so that left the ring."

"Hmm, keep telling yourself that." Kyona smirked.

΅ ΅ ΅ ΅ ΅ ΅ ΅ ΅ ΅

After I spent the whole day with the Navaro siblings, Ephraim took Eva home because Clara was there for the night. I frowned because he didn't take me back first but waved it off. "Thanks for today, I really had fun with you and Eva." I smiled as he walked me to the door. "Great way to celebrate my birthday."

"It's no biggie." He shrugged while I opened the front door. I nodded my head inside for him to follow and he did but not before taking his shoes off. I switched on the lights in the living room and jumped when 'surprise' was yelled loudly.

"What are you guys doing here?" I laughed as the girls came to hug me again.

"It's your birthday." Dash said like it was the most obvious thing in the world.

"The high school teachers are protesting tomorrow and then only on Friday we have school, so it's basically the break already." Kyona grinned excitedly. "And it's almost time for the Halloween party!"

"We brough booze and snacks." Brie chirped.

"And some guys incase you want birthday sēx." Shannon whispered and the three of them giggled, causing me to roll my eyes. "But also because we know you like them and spend a lot of time with them anyway."

"Thanks girls." I grinned. "I'm assuming it's a slumber party?" I asked, considering they were in pajamas. Vince and Dash were in sweats, which only happens when they're planning to have a night in.

"Yes, so get changed." Dash pushed me into the direction of the stairs. "You too." He tossed Ephraim a bag and then pointed upstairs. I raised my hands in surrender and went to my room. I quickly changed into some leggings and Ephraim's hoodie, that I stole from him on the first night.

"Are you ever going to give that back?" Ephraim's voice pulled me from my thoughts.

"No." I said bluntly and grabbed a make up wipe. I cleaned my face and then stared at him because he was staring at me. I took my time to take in his appearance and immediately noticed that he was drool worthy in grey joggers. He also wore a simple black shirt and his hair was pushed back.

"You should take a picture, it lasts longer." He stated and I glared as I took my phone out. I snapped a picture of him and he gasped. "Invasion of privacy." He exclaimed.

"You said I should take a pic, so that's what I did." I shrugged. "Let's go before the girls come up here and drag us down." I smiled and skipped down the stairs.