17.

Ephraim's point of view

I knocked on the bathroom door again with a sigh, she's been in there for half an hour already. "Lilith, come on." I said. "We can all talk this out together." My heart clenched when I heard a sob from the other side of the door.

"Ephraim, you don't know what happened between my brother and I." She whimpered. "You weren't there to see the wreckage he left behind."

"I didn't see it but I did notice it, Lilith." I whispered through the door. "I've known you my whole life, I noticed the changes in your behavior and the way you cut most of your friends off. All because the one you trusted the most, left you."

"I don't know if I can face him again." She said as footsteps on the stairs were heard. The guys and Jeremiah came up to me and joined me infront of the bathroom door.

"Lilith, come on." Jeremiah groaned. "Open the god dâmn door." He snapped and a click was heard, surprising the four of us. Before any of us could say something, her hand reached out and pulled me inside.

"Woah!" I gasped as she shut the door behind me. "Lilith." I breathed as she locked it again. "You okay?" I asked but then she turned around. Her eyes were bloodshot and her cheeks were red. "Oh, baby..." I whispered and took her in my arms.

"I can't do it." She cried into my chest, making me hug her even tighter.

"It's alright." I assured, stroking her hair. "I'll make him leave and you won't have to see him again." I offered, knowing she won't want that either and I was right because she jumped back.

"No, no that's not what I want either." She frowned, conflicted in her own mind. "I do want him in my life but I'm just not sure where to start."

"How about leaving the bathroom?" I suggested and she glared at me. "Sorry." I chuckled. "But seriously, he's still your brother. He just wants to see you."

"He left me when I needed him the most, Ephraim." She whispered, leaning her forehead against my chest. "I just don't want to get attached so he can bounce again."

"He won't and he can't." I said. "He literally can't because Dash isn't letting his sister go again. Let alone his nephew and niece, who stole his heart with their adorable squishy faces."

"They're my nephew and niece too." She lifted her head to pout at me.

"I know, that's probably why they're so cute." I smiled, cupping her cheek with one hand and booped her nose with my other index finger.

"I can't wait to have kids." Lilith suddenly chirped. "Seeing Celeste and Carson really gave me baby fever!"

"Let's wait with that for a bit, alright?" I chuckled. "Try to see how you deal with the twins first."

"Fine." She sighed.

"You ready to go outside now?" I whispered softly, brushing a piece of her hair back. She closed her eyes at the contact and I smiled.

"I think so." Her tone as soft as mine. "You'll stay with me, right?"

"You won't get rid of me that easily." I chuckled and she grinned. "No but for real, you have me and the boys to kick his âss if needed."

"Hey, Ephraim." She muttered. "My brother is crazy Camden." She said while rolling her eyes but mine widened.

"That dude outside this very door is crazy Camden?! The one Sergio always talks about and even has his name on the hall of fame?" I exclaimed shocked.

"Still ready to kick his butt?" Lilith raised an eyebrow.

"For you, always." I winked and she shook her head with a small grin. "He can't take the three of us at once."