7.

Ephraim's point of view

I was so confused with Lilith's behavior, why was she offering to cook for me and my family? Honestly, I expected her to get mad because I changed her and took her to my house instead of a hospital. I thought she'd just go storming out of my house and file a restraining order or something.

I glanced at her, she was just staring at the houses we drove by. It just always seemed to me that she was this huge mystery that I could never figure out. Both her parents are doctors but she still works at a fighting bar. She gets perfect grades but all she does in class is doodle and talk with her friends.

Averting my gaze back to the road, I drove us to the grocery store to get the ingredients for paella. I don't think either of the guys expected her to still be at my house, let alone be eating toast I made, when they got back from school. They're very much aware of the fact that she hates my guts.

When I found her last night, she was on the verge of passing out. Dash caught her while I continued to beat the guy up. Vincenzo eventually pulled me off the guy and then proceeded to kick him in the stomach, just because he could.

It's pretty unusual for Vince to use violence, he only does that when it's his last resort. And by last resort I mean when I get myself into trouble and they jump in to help. I usually deal with my own shît but like with the football team, that's just not fair.

I am pretty grateful towards Lilith for pretty much forcing me to back out of that fight. I don't think my mother would appreciate it if I got suspended again. I don't mean to get into all those fights but people are just so stupid and love to pick a fight with me. But then there was Lilith, someone who just triggered everything else inside me.

We've had this little fued since second grade or something. I had a stupid crush on this girl and she rejected me because she saw Lilith giving me a crayon. Little me was absolutely furious and that was the start of everything. We never made up and always made sure to express our dislike for the other.

Up side of it was that I know pretty much everything about her since I've known her longer than either of the guys. I know that she hates it when people say her full name and also when she's being lied to. She hates fake people and cheaters.

I know about her brother running away from home because little Lilith was crying in the bathrooms. I know what happens when she's sleep deprived, believe me it's not pretty. I also knows what happens when she's hungry, not pretty either. One time she was both and it was a complete disaster.

"Ephraim?" Lilith spoke up and I hummed to let her know that I was listening. "Do you mind if I stay another night? I just- I know my parents are off work tonight and I don't want them to see me like this. I mean I get it if you want me gone asap but-"

"It's fine, Lilith." I interrupted her rambling with a chuckle. "You're doing me a solid by cooking for my family. Evangeline needs normal food, not spaghetti every day."

"Oh please, this is nothing." She scoffed. "You saved my life, twice. Thanks for that by the way. Cooking for your sister is a pleasure, she's a delight."

"Eh, sometimes." I shrugged and she snorted. "There are moments where she is the devil's reincarnate." I shuddered at the memories while parking the car. The both of us got out of the car and entered the store. She took a basket and I took it from her. "What?" I asked when I saw her looking at me weirdly.

"Why did you take the basket from me?" Lilith frowned in confusion, staring at the basket in my hand.

"I always carry the basket for my mother and sister." I answered. "It's my job in this whole grocery shopping thing. And I know that that's stereotype and everything but that's just how I was raised."

"I wasn't going to say anything about stereotypes or anything like that." She shook her head with a small smile. "I was going to say that you are absolutely adorable."

"Not praying for God take me off the earth anymore?" I chuckled and she snorted again.

"Nah, you're not that bad." She smiled at me.

"You're not either." I replied. "I honestly do appreciate it that you're willing to cook for my family. The boys love paella and I just- Thank you, for doing this for my family."

΅ ΅ ΅ ΅ ΅ ΅ ΅ ΅ ΅

"I made dinner!" Lilith hollered as I set the table. Mom left about an hour ago for her night shift but before she did, she let me know that it was okay that Lilith stayed another night.

"I'm right here, woman." I rolled my eyes at her. "There's no need to yell." I set the table and poured the drinks for my family. "You go put the plates on the table and I'll out the pan on the table."

"Is this part of the 'don't let women carry stuff' thing you do?" She asked, doing as I told her.

"Sort of." I nodded, picking up the big pan and putting it on the table. "Where are the guys?" I frowned, still not hearing any pounding on the stairs.

"Tres!" Lilith yelled and almost immediately footsteps were heard. "Dos!" And only a second later Dashiell burst through the door with Vince and Eva right behind him. "Great, you're all here."

"That was terrifying." Dash whispered when he walked by me and I laughed. "I'll make sure to never make her angry." He sat down at the table, helping Evangeline onto her chair.

After we said grace, the guys dug in while Eva ate her food calmly. It didn't take long before the whole pan of paella was empty. "You guys are animals." Lilith shook her head as we cleared the table.

"Nah, we were just hungry." Dash raised his shoulders as he started do the dishes. "It was delicious by the way." He added and she smiled.

I noticed that Eva tugged Lilith to the living room, making me curious about what they were doing. I glanced at the boys and then snuck out to eavesdrop, yeah I know that's bad. But I don't care because that's my sister.

"Lilith, will you please be my sister?"