Chapter 0

"There she is! Get her!"

"Where?!"

"Right ahead of you!"

Red Velvet squeaked in terror as the Team Rocket grunts' lights came closer. She continued to pelt into the dark forest, yelping as her bare feet touched sharp pebbles and rocks. Her long, dirty red hair was flowing behind her. Her black gown was ripped into rags, but it was still possible for someone to notice the big red R on it.

"Red Velvet!" A female grunt shrieked behind her, making goose bumps rise on her arms. "Get back here! You're uncle will be very cross with all of us if you don't come back now!"

But the little girl ignored them all and leapt over a fallen tree. She could hear the grunts sending out their pokemon behind her. The roars of the grunts' pokemon echoed behind her, making Red Velvet cringe.

Mu, Alpha, Rho, Gamma, Epsilon, Tau, where are you?! She thought desperately, looking wildly around her.

She then tripped over a tree root and fell on her back. Her leg gave a sickening crack as it broke. Red Velvet wailed and began to cry into her hands.

"There's the little runt!"

Rough hands grabbed her by the shoulders and forced her to her feet. The grunts and pokemon surrounded her, making it impossible for her to flee.

"Please let me go!" She wailed as the grunt threw her over his shoulder. "I don't want to go back!"

"Silence!" barked a male grunt, glaring sharply at her.

Red Velvet cried harder as the grunts began to drag her back. Her Pokémon seemed to have abandoned her. What happened to Mu, Alpha, Rho, Gamma, Epsilon, and Tau?

Then a loud shrieking noise surrounded them as pink and white lights lit up the forest. The grunts and Pokémon yelled and howled in fright around her. The grunt holding Red Velvet let go of her and ran away from the lights while screaming. Red Velvet fell to the ground with a light thud as the grunts ran for cover. A warm, pink aura surrounded her as the grunts vanished. She grinned weakly as she was lifted slowly off the ground.

"That was brilliant, Rho, Epsilon," she rasped, beaming at the two Unowns.

"Why thank you!" came Rho's response.

"You alright?" asked Epsilon with concern.

"I'm not sure... I-I think my leg is broken...but I guess either than that I feel better than ever"

Rho, Epsilon, and their brothers were all Unowns. Though they were genderless, the six Unowns let Red Velvet refer to them as boys. They had been her guardians for almost a year.

"Let's get out of here," squeaked Epsilon as the howls of the grunts' pokemon echoed around distantly. "They may get smart and come back!"