Chapter 8

Chapter 8

(Note: This flashback chapter is a little different than others. The flashback is in the middle of the chapter. I recommend that you play the video while reading the flashback, but that's optional ;3 )

White yelped as she woke up to something or someone leaping onto the bed. She bolted up right to see Fiona and her Bulbasaur bouncing at the end of her bed, both giggling loudly.

Fiona had been very happy the last two days. On Christmas Eve, she had spent the entire day with her new pokemon. Fiona had named her male Bulbasaur Green Ivy. Green Ivy was a very quiet but playful pokemon. It had taken him awhile to get to know the other pokemon. The only pokemon he was having trouble with were Jeremiah and Raichu. Jeremiah kept playing pranks on him, and Raichu would hiss at him whenever he got too close.

While Fiona got to know Green Ivy, White had to go shopping on Christmas Eve for gifts. She had never been able to give any of her friends gifts before because of her lack of money. Now Mrs. Parker gave her money for helping around the house. She had given Mrs. Parker, Mira, Leia, and Fiona each something for Christmas, but she was going to give the other gifts to the rest of her friends when she met them.

"I'm up, I'm up..." White mumbled, rubbing her eyes and looking out the window. It was still dark out.

She took her Xtransceiver off her window to see the time.

"Fiona, it's five in the morning!" She groaned, leaning back against her pillows. "We still have an hour before we leave!"

Fiona shrugged and pulled the sheets off White. She sighed and got up reluctantly. Fiona skipped out of the room with Green Ivy bouncing behind her.

She rolled her mechanical arm out from under her bed and attached it to her stump. White usually slept in her usual clothes, so she just grabbed her greenish blue overcoat and brown cloak off the back of her desk chair and pulled them on.

She had packed most of her stuff the day before. She walked over to her desk to see her belt with all her pokeballs on it. It was illegal for a trainer to have more than six pokemon on your team, but she usually kept all of her pokemon with her. White had returned all of her pokemon the day before, but she counted them just in case.

Archy the Arcanine, Raichu, Tiny the Espeon, Di-Di the Gorebyss, Hamycus the baby Tepig, Penelope the Dewott, Purr the Liepard, and Thundrus.

White frowned. One pokemon was missing. She counted them again. Seth the Serperior's pokeball didn't quiver at all, unlike the rest of her pokeballs. She took his pokeball off the belt and pressed the button on it. It opened up, but no pokemon came out.

Starting to panic, White grabbed Archy's pokeball and pressed the button. In a flash of red light, Archy leapt out and landed on the floor.

"Where's Seth, Archy?" White asked him before he could speak.

The Arcanine flattened his ears and his tail drooped.

"You noticed he was gone, didn't you?" He said quietly.

"How long has he been gone?!" She demanded.

"A week, maybe a little longer..."

"Where is he?!"

"He didn't run away!" Archy added hurriedly. "He went to get you're, uh... Christmas present!"

"Oh yeah? And what's that?"

"I can't ruin the surprise!"

"Great, just great!" She hissed furiously.

"Don't worry, White! I'll tell you this much, he's in Unova, not too far from Nuvema Town by now!"