59 | end of book 1

FIFTY-NINE: (tw// blood, mention of death)
     It was the afternoon and the group was huddled around the living room watching some random commercial on tv. Jungkook hugged Nari tighter and sighed in content.

   "You smell good." he mumbled as his lips grazed her shoulder.

    Her laugh warmed his heart.

    "Cute." She replied.

      "The sunset looks beautiful." Eun was amazed by the mix of warm colors from the sunset that reciprocated in the living room.

     "We should go out to the beach and watch the sunset." Jin spoke.

They all agreed and slowly began leaving to the beach.

He looked at Nari and the others. He saw happiness, peace and joy. This is what he wanted; what he longed for. He longed to see the people who mean so much to him be happy; joyful.

Jungkook hasn't experienced a calmness like this one in years. He missed it. Now, he hopes that this calmness and peace can last for a long time.

-

Jungkook stayed behind the group as they walked towards their vacation stay. He sighed as he watched the love of his life laugh and smile. Oh, that smile is his whole world; she is his whole world.

The group in front of him continued walking to their vacation house. It was truly a beautiful afternoon and the boy was happy that he was spending it with his other family. Yes, family. Because the group has become so much more than friends to him.

  Just as he walked behind caressing Nari's thumb, he sees one of the house's security guards walk up to the group.

They all stop walking.

Hoseok asked, "Is everything alright, Lee?"

"There's someone at the gate, sir." the man told Hoseok with a petrified face.

"We aren't expecting anyone." Jimin mumbled.

Namjoon instantly speaks to Lee, "Did you recognize them?"

"No, it's a man," Lee continued, "a man around his fifties claiming to know Miss Yun." he motioned to Nari.

    Nari gulped, Jungkook felt her grip on his hand tighten.

    "Did the person mention a name?" she asked, with a hint of hope on her voice.

    They all knew who it was, based on what Lee described. It all clicked in just seconds.

    Lee nodded, "He said that his name was Suk."

    Nari gasped and looked at the others, "He's alive, Suk's alive."

He felt her hands instantly leave his grasp.

The girl he loved started running. He's never seen her run this fast. He took it upon himself to run behind her.

  "Wait!" he shouted.

Nari turned the corner and rushed to the closed gate. Her hands grasped the bars.

"Oh my gosh, you're–" she gasped.

  Jungkook stopped himself and let them have their space. He had known Suk from the market; everyone in their town knows him. He's a living legend.

"Alive." he told Nari.

"How did you get here?" Yoongi asked panting fue to the long run they all made from the beach.

  "I was thrown out of a moving car, see," he pulled up his sleeves to let the group of teens see the red skin, " I was thrown at approximately a few miles from here."

Jungkook furrowed his eyebrows.

"How did you know Nari was here?" he asked.

Something was off.

The seven boys walked up to the gates, Hoseok signaled the guards to stay alert. Jungkook took Nari by her waist and moved her behind him with the girls.

Nari protested, "Guys-"

"Stay with the girls." Jungkook said to her.

  Namjoon said, "Go inside, all of you."

They did. Leaving the boys with Suk, only the gates separating them.

"Please, I'm not the bad guy. I'm here to warn someone. Before I was thrown out, I was ordered to warn them," Suk coughed, "but I'm afraid I don't have enough time."

Was Suk sick?

"Why don't you have much time?" Taehyung asked.

Suk smiled at the sight of Jungkook, "I can't tell you here, for your safety."

"We're safe here." Hoseok remarked.

Suk shook his head disagreeing, "I'm afraid not. I hate to be this forward with you but can we please talk somewhere else?"

"Sure, uh," Hoseok looked at the guards, "please open the gate so I can take out the car." he jogged to the garage, leaving only six boys with Suk.

With an astounding silence, the guards agreed and everyone stood there not knowing what to do.

"Let's get out of the way and let Hoseok get the car." Namjoon replied.

There was something going on, something strange. Jungkook knew the feeling. It was back. All those feelings he had said were over had returned in a matter of seconds. That calmness was gone.

-

"I was kidnapped for two weeks." the old man held his hands together, his feet were slightly bouncing up and down. The van bounced slightly.

Namjoon, who had agreed to talk with him, asked, "By who?"

Suk shook his head, "I-I don't remember."

  Seokjin replied, "I know it's hard, but try to make memory, try to remember if you saw any of the surroundings or heard anything."

"I heard a name, but ugh-" he held his head, signaling that he was in pain, "I'm sorry kid, I don't remember the name." he looked at Namjoon who nodded, understanding the situation the man was in.

The boy looked at Jungkook who looked at him expectingly, "Jungkook, can you please tell Hoseok to get three wat–"

  "Jungkook." Suk repeated, like if he was remembering something.

The boy stopped typing the message to Hoseok and looked at Suk, "Y-Yeah, sir?" he questioned.

He shook his head, "you're the one I was ordered to warn, they mentioned you and Bangtan," the white hair on his head was all messy from all the scratching that he was doing to remember, "something about, making sure you all end up how you're supposed to."

A silence broke through the van.

  "How?" Namjoon asked the man, who stayed with a now calm expression on his face.

   "Dead."

    Shots were fired.

    A body sprawled on the van.

     Blood.

     Screams.

     Sobs.

     A battlefield broke, and he couldn't do anything; anything at all.