Chapter 7: The Path of the Two

En başından başla

"Now Princess this may hurt but it'll help these iron burns and allow that cut on your head to stop bleeding at least," Helana said. Kiara could smell mint and many other herbs. She nearly screamed when Helana touched her back. Kiara could feel the bits of iron that were leftover get pulled to the surface. Kiara's eye brimmed with tears as she felt the bits that would have already been healed reopen. 

"This pulls out all the iron that prevents us from healing and allows the wounds to become regular wounds and will heal naturally," Helana explained. Kiara was grateful for getting healed but hated how painful this was. Kiara's teeth were gritted so hard to prevent screaming that she feared she was going to break her teeth.

"We're almost there, Princess," Helana said. Kiara's eye caught the look on Axil's face it was one of pure horror.

"Is it really that bad?" she asks her teeth still gritted.

"Yes, whoever made this trap of yours made it out of iron what sunk into your skin normal iron comes right out but this kind was flakey and seemed to be spreading throughout your whole body. That's why it hurts so badly," Axil explains.

"The amount of iron seemed to break up and spread. With how much we are pulling out we could craft a new sword," Helana said. Kiara gulped at that statement. No wonder she felt so weak. The iron was making more while inside her. It must've been magically enhanced. 

It felt like hours until Helana said all the iron had been removed. Kiara's body felt shredded.

"So now that it's all gone I'll heal normally?"

"Yes," Helena said as she started tending to all of Kiara's other wounds. That means she'll be fully healed within a few days.

"Princess, now that the Iron is gone may I suggest trying to connect to your abilities?" Helana asked with only the best intentions. But Kiara knew she knew they were not coming back any time soon. She was to live as a monster and truly feel what it's like to have her very being feel empty.

She nodded and tried to feel the earth that stemmed just below her feet but it felt like dust. There wasn't the pull of the earth feeling as though it would swallow her if she stepped to harshly. But instead, it felt dead like dry dust and cardboard.

Her heart sank she knew the earth wouldn't come to her. But maybe just maybe it was just the forest since it was alive. Maybe she'd have better luck with the waters. 

She listened for the cool refreshing sound of water waiting for it to flare. The water that flowed just beneath the earth's surface that was always eager to leap out and drench her head to toe was now but an empty well. As far as she could tell the earth no longer contained a single drop of water.

"Nothing, not even a drop of water, or the steady feeling of earth," Kiara said feeling very cold and empty. Kiara flinched as she pulled her arms around herself making a wall between her and the cruel reality that her elements were gone.

Axil and Halana looked at each other their eyes holding so worry and pity it made Kiara's head feel heavy and worn down.

"Kiara, when did you notice this happen?" Axil asks taking the seat across from Kiara.

"I...I..." Kiara tried to think back to when she felt it. It started when she almost pulled all the water out of Kol. When she remembered that she was a monster. Kiara swallowed and shook her head clear of those thoughts.

"When I tried to pull the water out of Kol," Kiara flinched as she spoke the words aloud. They felt like poison ivy on her tongue making her want to rip the skin off with her nails because of the unpleasant feeling.