"I thought we were christening the rooms this weekend," Trey whispered against her lips.

"We can start early," she responded, using her weight to press him against the mattress and straddle his lap. She raised her shirt - his shirt - over her head and tossed it to the side. She hadn't bothered with undergarments. She never did when she was going to sleep.

"I love you so much, baby," Trey whispered against her skin as Demi unbuttoned his flannel shirt.

"I love you too," Demi breathed out before connecting their lips again. Life couldn't get anymore perfect than this.

***

Demi stared at the letter from the owner of the building, her vision blurring because of the tears that were gathering in her eyes, the same way that she had been crying since she had learned that she was being kicked out of her restaurant and being replaced with a newer, "trendier" pho spot. The staff had already been warned and while Demi had been looking for a new place, everything was so expensive and she couldn't actually afford to move her entire restaurant at the moment. She had been doing well, but she didn't have the money for that, especially since they had decided to raise the rent for the past few months. Now they were just kicking her out without even giving her a chance to fight against it. They had already announced that Friday would be their last opening day and the boxes in her office had already began to gather in the corner.

Demi didn't even want to come to work if she was being completely honest. Just seeing the sign on the door that announced their last day made her heart sink further and further into her chest. She hadn't even told Trey. How was she supposed to tell him that they had invested into this huge move and now she couldn't even hold up her part because she was about to be out of a job? It didn't matter if Trey was running successful clubs and could afford to cover both of them. That's not what Demi wanted. She would never be comfortable sitting on her ass while he earned all of the money. That wasn't safe. That wasn't smart. That wasn't her.

"Hey, Dems...you have a special guest up front," Matt, one of her most loyal workers announced with a sad smile on his face.

Everyone knew the predicament that they were in and Matt was the only one attempting to keep up morale. Demi was basically failing as a leader and Matt was so graciously stepping in.

"Okay," she muttered, wiping underneath her eyes before stuffing the letter into her drawer and following Matt out to the front.

Once she saw that it was Trey who was waiting for her, her heart sunk and butterflies fluttered in her stomach because she knew that he had seen the sign on the door but she was also just glad to see him. Anytime she saw Trey, her whole body tingled because she was just that in love with him, and she had never felt that way about anyone before.

"Hey baby, I thought I could take you out to lunch," Trey offered as Demi looked around the restaurant. Lunch time was never that busy. Dinner was when the rush really kicked in.

"We've got things here, boss," Matt encouraged with a genuine smile. "Go ahead."

"Let me just get my things," Demi said before going back to her office.

She grabbed her coat and her purse before she went back to where Trey was, then they both went out to his car. Her heart sunk even further into her chest when she glanced at the restaurant and saw the sign on the door about their final day of business. She let her head fall against the window as Trey drove them through the city. If he had seen the sign he hadn't said anything, but as he was driving he reached across the sleek console of his Mercedes and intertwined their fingers.

Demi wasn't really paying attention to wherever he was taking them. It was only when the car stopped that she looked up and saw that they were at the hole in the wall diner spot that they used to sneak to whenever she would come home from work and she couldn't sleep. That was in the early stages in their relationship...when she was still working for Sharon and it felt like she had to sneak around to be with her boyfriend.

"We haven't been here in a while," Demi noted as Trey got out of the car. He helped her out then held her hand as they entered the restaurant.

"I know. I've missed their burgers," he said.

Since it was just a diner they were able to sit themselves, and luckily their favorite booth was open, the one all the way in the back by the big window. Once they got settled in, a waitress came to take their drink orders before leaving them with menus so that they could decide what they wanted.

"So...um..."

"You saw the sign on the door?" Demi interrupted him as Trey grimaced.

"Why didn't you tell me?"

"Because...like this was my thing and I just feel like a failure. This man literally gave me his restaurant and now it's closing down and I can't relocate and reopen because I don't have the money. The whole situation just got out of control so fast, I didn't even know what to do," Demi explained as Trey reached across the table to grab her hand.

"Demi, you could've told me. I could've helped you. You know we're in this-"

"No, I didn't want your help or your money, Trey. This was my thing. I just wanted to handle it on my own."

"I know you just wanted to handle it on your own but I'm telling you that you didn't have to."

Their conversation was interrupted when their drinks were brought back out, a diet coke for Trey and a sweet tea for Demi, and Trey asked for more time to look at the menu.

"What are you going to do?" Trey questioned so that they could move on. What's done is done and it's not like he could go back in time and fix things for her.

"Look for another job. Most of the workers have found other jobs to go to, so I guess I'll do the same," Demi said as if it were the most obvious thing in the world. What else did he expect her to do? When people lost their jobs, didn't they look for new ones?

"Demi, you don't have to work."

Demi really wanted to throw something at Trey. What about her screamed 'I'm just going to stay home all day and not work.' If that was the case, she didn't have to work to put herself through school and get her professional degree. Why would she just let all of her hard work go to waste just because she had a rich boyfriend who was willing to take care of her?

"I was working when you met me," she said instead as Trey crinkled his nose.

"As a prostitute," he spat in obvious distaste as Demi released something between a chuckle and a sob. "I didn't mean it like that."

"I'm not that hungry. Can you take me back to the restaurant please?"

"Demi, I know you. If you don't eat now, you're not going to eat."

"Just take me back...please," she quietly pleaded, pushing her hair behind her ears before leaving the booth. Trey threw a wrinkled bill on the table to cover their drinks before following her.

I have nothing else to do but reboot old stories lol