Chapter 19: The Dawn of Iron

Start from the beginning

Another bump was added to his head as Ana hit him on the head really hard, "Sate sate sate~ Why don't you look at what's on the magnet first before you scold her?"

That's exactly what Kohaku, Chrome and Senkuu did, "!! Iron sand..."

Suika put her hands underwater and starts talking in third person, "Suika wants to help out, too. Because I'm always wearing this... I've never been of any use to anyone... Even when I grow up, I'm sure it will still be that way..." Suika stood back up, looking expectantly at Ana and Senkuu, "Because of that, if there's someone who's in need, Suika will-"

"Oh my... enough with the chit-chat." Suika tensed at what Ana is going to say next. The girl smiled and gently put a hand on Suika's head, "In truth, we're grateful." She gave back the magnet to Suika, who accepted it, "The Kingdom of Science sends no one away. We need all of the help we can get, no matter how small." Senkuu chuckled as he added his own input "It seems a pipsqueak is one billion times better suited to gathering sand. Kukuku, we're counting on you, Suika."

Suika didn't say anything for a moment as she watch Senkuu and Ana walk away, "This is the first time Suika has met someone who didn't ask why Suika wears this." Sparkles appeared around her as she blush, "Sure, they noticed that she doesn't want to show her face! And that's why they treated her so nicely..."

Kohaku closed her eyes calmly, "That's just because you don't know Senkuu well. Don't glorify him. Ana? You can, only a little bit."

Chrome watched the two gather some more iron sand, "Even though they had a look like they were going to war, they basically said they don't really care."

Suika started swimming around, "Suika will get a ton of black sand!" She proclaimed loudly. Chrome looked at her in disbelief as he saw a similarity at what he's seeing, "Are you Momotaro?! Don't drown!!"

[TL Note: Momotaro is a folk tale, involving a large peach that floats down a river.]

Senkuu and Ana stopped what they were doing, with Senkuu speaking, "You don't know about Dragon Quest or Monster Hunter, but you know the story of 'Momotaro'? Who did you hear it from?"

Chrome and Suika grinned at them, "Oh, you know Momotaro too, Senkuu?" Suika added, "Miss Ruri tells us a ton of stories!"

Ana put a finger under her chin, "Now that I think about it... How did you know about gorillas, too? Do they live in the wild here?"

Kohaku smiled at her, one hand on her hip, "I've never seen one in real life."

Chrome pointed at her, "Yeah, but doesn't one appear in Momotaro?"

"NO, IT DOESN'T!!" Senkuu and Ana countered.

Chrome is confused at what they said, "?? Wasn't it one of the friend he go with millet cakes?" He described it at the two, and boy were they horrified at what they heard.

Bear, Lion, Gorilla and Crocodile...

"WHAT'S WITH THAT OVERLY-WILD MOMOTARO?!" Senkuu questioned.

"Where in the frickin' world did that Momotaro come from?!" Ana is horrified at that Momotaro too.

Senkuu got serious again, '...This story was told with strong and dangerous animals...?'

It was a good thing that Kohaku provided them a clue, "I've heard an insane amount of stories from Ruri, too. Super difficult words as well, Ruri can remember like it was nothing."

Senkuu smirked, "Kukuku, this Ruri lady really piques my interest. All the more important, then, that we make the cure-all and save her."

Ana's hand twitched unnoticeably, what draw her attention from it was Chrome, " Why are you interested in Ruri? What do you mean by that, Senkuu?"