22 | The One With The Shower

DISCLAIMER: Hot content ahead! Readers are advised to read at their own discretion!

"I look like an ogre!" Shree exhales as she gets fitted into the green lehenga from Sabyasachi. She stares menacingly at her reflection on the mirror.

"Nonsense!" dismissed Madhav "Shriya, can you tighten Mrs. Ramakrishna's blouse a bit?"

"It's already tight enough!" Shree exclaims and stomps her feet. Madhav and Shree have been shopping throughout the day. After purchasing diamond jewellery, cosmetics and toiletries, they stopped at the nearest Sabyasachi, wedding costume outlet to collect Shree's reception lehenga. Shree was miffed that Madhav took the final call in all the purchases. Somehow, he overruled her selections, replacing everything she chose with his selections

The lehenga was custom-made, under Madhav's administrative overlooking. It took the experts only a few weeks to create an eminent emerald shaded lehenga with microscopic workings in gold thread. The blouse was sleeveless, the neckline was plunging and revealed only the moderate amount of cleavage.

"Would this much do?" asked Shriya, as she pinned the excess fabric together.

"Yes, that would do!" Madhav said, standing up from the cushioned chair. "We'll wait until you make the adjustments."

Shriya escorted Shree into the changing rooms.

* * * * *

"Not as bad as you thought you'd look like!" Madhav complimented as he walked into the walk-in closets. The beautician had just finished preparing Shree for the wedding reception. She was neatly fitted into the lehenga and her hair was pulled back into a bun, which had exquisite flowers surrounding it. Her jewelry, expensive diamonds chosen by Madhav, were heavy, despite their extravagance. He placed the signed cheque on the dressing table. "Do join us for the ceremony, Savita." The beautician packs her equipment quickly and walks smiling at the cheque.

Madhav was wearing a dark green sherwani and cream shaded pants. His beard was trimmed short and his hair was neatly combed.

"You really lack self-confidence, Shree." meddling with Shree's lehenga shawl, tugging, adjusting until it covered her cleavage and her waist properly. "Perfect! Let's go!"

"Do we have to do this?" Shree whines. "We're already married! Can't we just bail out on the reception and call it a night? I'm tired!"

He leans down until his nose rests on her cheek. "I spent millions on this function and many VIPs have rescheduled their appointments to attend this event. I expect you to put on a smile and be a good girl. Understood?"

Shree looks into his stern eyes and nods quickly. She squeezes her feet into the high heels which he got for her from Las Vegas. She tumbles like an unsteady tower in the heels which bring her close to this menacing height. Madhav holds her as he secures an arm around her delicate frame. Together they walk into the backyard, which was laid out with several round tables and cushioned chairs. The string quartet was playing a beautiful melody that drowned the voices of the chatty guests.

Madhav's friend Sivaji walks towards them. The tall dark coppery man wore a black suit that matched the shade of his curly locks. He worriedly held Madhav's arm and whispered, "Who sent out the invitations?"

"I didn't have time to personally have them sent out so I gave my final year college address book to Shyaam and asked him to-"

"Are you sure you gave the correct book, machan?" Sivaji whispers and Shree looks on concerned.