Feverish

Snow falls in a specific season, which makes it special, a marker for the presence of winter. The cold nips at the fingertips of passerby, as light, intricately designed snow flurries dance towards the ground. 

The flurries often hear the whispers of  those who walk through them, how they mention the worthlessness of  snowflakes- how they have no real purpose other than to establish the season of winter.

The snowflakes, however, think differently. While their purpose may be small, they still exist for a reason. Without snow, winter would be barren- just a cold, barren season, without a marker to establish its differences. 

And so, albeit small, the snowflakes rejoice amongst themselves, content in their existence despite the say-so of the passerby. Because, after all, winter would not be the same without them. Truly, life is what you make of it.

The light from the window warmed your face, causing you to stir, your mind slowly drawing itself  out of your slumber. You stir a bit, your eyes scrunching together as you stretched a bit, attempting to recall your dream. 

What had it been about? Snow? You couldn't quite recall- your memory was hazy and your head felt compacted. Groaning, you tried to roll over, as the sun was causing your heavy head to pound with a dull pain. However, you found it more difficult to roll over than usual. You've been drunk and awkwardly rolled around in bed before, feeling like an awkward vaseline covered idiot, but this time you were simply too heavy to move. Furrowing your eyebrows, you open your eyes and groan as the light makes your aching head pound even more. "God damn.." you mumble, trying to blink away the fuzziness in your vision. 

Beside you a soft sigh sounded, causing you to hesitantly look in its direction. As you blinked, you could slowly see the sight beside you- Levi, sleeping on his stomach, his head facing you as his soft breaths filled the small space between the two of you. Your eyes widened as you stared at him, his black hair shining in the sunlight. His eyelashes brushed his cheeks, and his hair was well taken care of. You eyed him suspiciously, before hesitantly scooting closer, unsure of whether or not he was truly asleep. Of course, you had to trust that he was, since you highly doubted that he'd let you look at him like this, let alone be this close. 

Settling against your pillow, you decided to examine his face a little more before he woke up. As you inched closer, you frowned, hesitantly taking your hand and brushing your fingers against the dark circles beneath his eyes. Why did he have these? Did he not get enough sleep? Your frown deepened as you ran your fingers gently against his skin, feeling the roughness of his cheek, your eyes examining the pallor of his skin. Did he always look this sick?

Your hand jerked away from his face as he coughed lightly, his eyelashes starting to flutter. You feigned sleep, deciding it would be better to be caught pretending to sleep than to be caught staring at him like some kind of pervert. However, Levi never woke up, he simply pulled you closer and fell back into a deep sleep. 

You frowned, realizing just how warm he was. Opening your eyes again, you placed your palm against his forehead, gasping at how high his temperature was. How did you not notice this earlier? 

Wiggling out of his grip, you stumbled out of bed and nearly ran into a wall. "Ugh... I hadn't thought about the hangover.." You whined to yourself, rubbing your forehead as you awkwardly stumbled out of his bedroom. Pressing against your temples you hobbled down the stairs, your eyes trained on your feet as you focused on not tripping and breaking your neck.