Oddly enough

[Edited October 19, 2019]

You sigh, working at the bar called 'Lee's' on another late shift.
It was Friday, and the horrible arranged marriage loomed overhead with a terrifying countdown.
Three days.
Your hair was in a simple ponytail, a few stray pieces of hair sticking out in odd places as you do your job without a second thought.
The bell chimed, and a tall man with blonde hair that was combed to the side walked in, accompanied by a shorter man with black hair.
You're kidding me...
You stare at Levi with a ridiculous expression as he and his friend sit down at the bar.
Shaking your head, you decide to act like you've never seen him and stride over nonchalantly, tucking a cleaning rag in between your apron and skirt.
"How can I help you two this evening?"
Your voice was relaxed, as an easygoing smile slipped on your face.
The blonde man, smiled warmly. "Whiskey please."
Whereas Levi, looked up and his facial expression immediately turned hostile.
"Vodka."
You smirk, making direct eye contact with the blonde man and not acknowledging Levi at all.
Short little asshole...
You quickly prepared the drinks, setting them in front of the two and heading to the opposite side of the counter without another word.
Ignoring Levi, you went back to agonizing over the fact that despite your pleads, threats, and negotiations, your parents wouldn't let up.
You sigh, absentmindedly scrubbing at the counter again.
"Oi! (L/N), Come over here." Levi's voice caught your attention.
Despite wanting to stick your tongue out and stay where you are, you valued your job, so you obediently walk over.
"I do hope this is related to my job, Ackerman. I'm on the clock."You hiss in his ear, plucking the empty glass from in front of him. "Yeah sure." He said, rolling his eyes and quickly dismissing your statement. "This is Erwin. A close friend of mine." He said as Erwin tipped his glass towards you in a brief 'hello', before downing the rest and setting the glass gently on the counter.
"Nice to meet you (Y/N). I'm Erwin Smith, a special executive at where Levi... Works."
He said the word 'works' tentatively, like he was trying to think of a better word.
"'Works-'" Levi snorted and rolled his eyes. "I'm the damn CEO of the company- I own it!" He growled, obviously in a fowl mood. Erwin snorted, ignoring the withering glare he received from Levi. "Did the princess have a bad day?" You mumble, walking away to get refills as you roll your eyes and sigh.
Men are so annoying.
Hot, but annoying.
You bring the glasses over, and Erwin promptly stands."I forgot, I have to make a call. If you'll excuse me," he says briskly, exiting. But not before you catch him shooting a smug look at Levi.
Levi growls, shooting you a glare."So- woman, you'll be marrying me in three days." You roll your eyes
"Let me guess- you're mad because you have another woman in the picture." You say smugly, eating against the counter as your eyes bored into his. 
His eyes narrowed. "Oh? That's not it?" You drone on, feigning sadness as you tap your index finger against your cheek. "Oh! I got it- you're such a pompous asshole you have to rely on mommy to get a wife." You drawl, watching him frown angrily as a shit eating grin spreads across your face. 

"Don't get it confused- the only reason I'm marrying you is so my mother lets me have the reigns of the company."He said icily, narrowing his eyes. "Oh, so you mean I'm just a tool?" You yelp in a dramatic manner, pretending to swoon over the counter, your hand reaching out as you continued on with your act. He swatted your hand away, grunting angrily as other patrons looked upon the scene. "Basically, yes. Yes... that's a good word." He said, making direct eye contact. "Don't speak to me unless I speak first, tool." By God, if you weren't working you'd have slapped the shit out of him. It was clear he was trying to get under your skin, his frown etched onto his face.

"Oh sweetheart- as if I'd ever talk to you out of my own volition." You crooned, patting his head as if you were talking to a small child. He grabbed your wrist, eyes full of venom as his lips parted. You never got to hear what nice words he had in store, though, since Erwin came back in.  You ignored him for the rest of your shift, even when he called your name, or occasionally 'spilled' drinks when you were nearby. "Oh my, Erwin, what a messy boy you're next to. Teach him some manners, will ya?" You said jokingly, eyes twinkling as the tall blonde chuckled.  Eventually, you clocked out, and Mikasa filled in for you, giving you a rare smile and a pat on the shoulder.
"Night (F/N)."
"Night Mika."

You woke to the sound of a basic ringtone- that meant an unknown number.
You groan and roll over, answering the phone with a tired and oddly husky voice.
"Hello?" You manage to mumble out a simple greeting as you hear someone clear their throat.
"It's me." You sigh and sit up, rubbing the side of your head with your free hand. 

"Oh my~ Never thought my peaceful Saturday would be started off by hearing your voice, Levi Princess~" You crooned, annoyed and more than willing to grate his nerves for waking you up. 
You could hear him mutter what sounded strangely like curses, and noises of someone moving around and then an awkward cough.
"You know where café meringue is, yes?"
You were taken aback by how easily the French rolled off his tongue, but you quickly snapped out of it and sighed.
"Yeah. It's on Lawrence street right?"
"Yes."
There was another awkward pause.
"Meet me there at three."
The rushed words were quickly followed by the beeping noise that told you the call had ended.
"So the shorty has summoned me, huh?" You mumble, climbing out of bed and shuffling to the bathroom, turning the shower on and stripping your clothes off. You hadn't thought of the way you were built until after your shower and your hair was curled, as you stare at your wardrobe.
You were more pear shaped, bigger hips and smaller shoulders, average sized breasts and a fantastic butt.
Absolutely fantastic.
You glance at the time, deciding on black skinny jeans and a white v-next tee, slipping on flats.
You rushed around to collect everything else you needed, keys, purses money, etc.
And as you climbed in the car, you realized, that oddly enough, you were really looking forward to this odd misshapen date with Levi Ackerman.